The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization, with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. The J.R. Simplot Company is a true farm-to-table company with operations that touch every aspect of agriculture, including seed production, farming and ranching, plant sciences, fertilizer manufacturing, food processing, commercial product development, and distribution.
Under general direction, the Operations Support performs a variety of job responsibilities which may include delivery of fertilizer and chemical products to customers from the retail office, customer service, vehicle maintenance, equipment and facility maintenance work, and fertilizer blending.
- Performs varied responsibilities such as: equipment and plant maintenance including welding, pump and engine overhauls, painting, and general housekeeping responsibilities; loading and delivering fertilizer and chemicals to customers; operating equipment to blend fertilizer; monitoring product application by calculating amounts, calibrating equipment, controlling application rates, and cleaning and storing equipment after application process; receiving and unloading product and performing warehouse inventory and storage functions. Responsible for keeping a clean, orderly vehicle and organizing the warehouse and yard materials.
- Ensure the proper loading and operations of vehicles in compliance with DOT, OSHA and Hazmat regulations. Comply with all company and customer safety requirements.
- Miscellaneous duties such as assisting with special projects, attending training sessions, providing back-up when needed, and other work-related duties as assigned by supervisor/manager.
- Promote and live the Simplot brand to our customers, employees and community as the best-in-class Agricultural distributor. Responsible for accurate, timely, and safe product deliveries and where applicable, product application.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 1+ years related experience and/or training
- Knowledge of basic farm equipment and operation preferred
- Ability to do a variety of tasks in succession, i.e., blending products together, loading a truck, and driving the truck to a farm.
- Ability to accurately and safely operate heavy equipment such as a sprayer/applicator and semi-truck and trailer.
- Ability to use a computer, including Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook – or mobile app.
- Ability to learn and manipulate company software.
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing with management, other team members, and customers.
- Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL) preferred or willing to obtain in first 12 months of employment
- HazMat and Tanker Endorsement preferred or willing to obtain in first 12 months of employment
- Must be able to lift 50lbs
Combination of education, training and/or experience will be considered for this position.
Job Requisition ID: 14998
Travel Required: Less than 10%
Location(s): SGS Retail - Highmore
Country: United States
**The J.R. Simplot Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status. **