Organics Market Manager – Maryland (Baltimore)
Vanguard Renewables is the premier anaerobic digester developer/owner/operator in the United States. Our closed-loop anaerobic digestion process converts organic waste and cow manure into green electricity or renewable natural gas as well as other related “value-added” products. We are headquartered in MA, funded by institutional capital partners, and currently, have 20+ projects operating and in development in over 13 states. We have a plan to aggressively expand into other domestic markets.
The Organics Market Manager is responsible for the acquisition of new feedstock revenue streams in a specific geography.
You will establish yourself, and Vanguard Renewables as a leader in food waste and organics recovery in the region. Developing a deep understanding of the market landscape will support success in this role. Prospecting, developing, growing, and cultivating sales relationships is essential, but closing sales deals will be the benchmark for success.
The Organics Market Manager will be responsible for acquiring 360 tons per day of organic feedstock for the anerobic digesters in the determined territory. Understanding the partnership development process, enterprise sales process and strategic complex sales is critical to the role. The ability to communicate clearly to stakeholder teams and develop strong relationships internally is essential.
An entrepreneurial work style with excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and knowledge of Salesforce CRM is preferred.
*Due to the specific nature of this opportunity, we are only considering local candidates that are legally authorized to work in the United States*
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Source, prospect, develop and close organic feedstock clients to support two (2) anaerobic digesters.
- Sell to a variety of stakeholders at prospective client businesses, including C-Suite.
- Perform sales prospecting activities, including daily logging of activities and opportunities into the Salesforce CRM platform.
- Direct outbound calls to schedule appointments, build relationships and close sales deals.
- Engage in consultative selling techniques to uncover client needs.
- Develop proposals to meet client needs.
- Attend tradeshows and applicable industry networking events.
- Work with client to shepherd proposals to close.
- Communicate internally with the Logistics, Operations, Sales, and Accounting Teams to ensure streamlined client onboarding process.
- Utilize/understand pricing tools to work with the changing service needs of partners/prospects.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of experience in outside sales
- Proven ability to develop client relationships and close complex sales.
- Proven success at B2B selling primarily to the C-Suite.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding administrative diligence
- Extremely detail-oriented and organized.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, Google Suite
- Salesforce CRM platform preferred.
What We Offer
- Employer health care, vision, and wellness benefits.
- Annual incentive Bonus Opportunity in addition to base salary.
- Paid time off (PTO).
- Job Type: Full Time
- Phone Expense Reimbursement
Vanguard Renewables is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals and in which personnel processes are merit-based and applied without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.