The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization, with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. We are a true farm-to-table company with operations that touch every aspect of agriculture, including seed production, farming and ranching, plant sciences, fertilizer manufacturing, food processing, commercial product development, and distribution.
The Quality Assurance Lab Technician will be responsible for ensuring product quality is monitored and tested in compliance with established procedures, specification and instructions. The individual in this position is responsible, but not limited to taking samples, and performing test as prescribed by procedure or specification, reporting to appropriate personnel on status of line operation, performing requested test and samples and recording information in logs and databases.
- Accurately completes quality grade using grading standards.
- Accurately enters all product identity information for all product produced in an inventory database.
- Performs requested tests and samples.
- Maintains a safe work environment.
- Provides prompt and timely feedback to appropriate personnel relative to production related problems (i.e. excessive defects, mislabeling, package quality issues, downtime and increased production etc).
|High school diploma or general education degree (GED)|
- Basic math skills.
- Use basis lab equipment.
- Good knowledge of computer systems.
- Ability to work in refrigerated and frozen environments.
- Good communication skills.
- Needs to be organized, efficient, and have good time management skills.
- Ability to sit and stand for long periods.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Adheres to all standards, policies and systems as appropriate.
Job Requisition ID: 15183
Travel Required: None
Pay Grade: Step and Grade
Location(s): FG Plant - Pasco
Country: United States
Wage range or rate of pay: $20.19/HR
The compensation offered to the successful applicant may vary based on factors including experience, skills, education, location, and other job-related reasons.
Attractive total rewards package that includes:
- Medical, dental, vision coverage
- 401(k) savings plan
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (where applicable)
- Relocation Assistance Program (where applicable)
- Education Assistance (where applicable)
- Benefits details available at simplotbenefits.com
**The J.R. Simplot Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status.**