The Teller I role is responsible for receiving and processing LMCU Member transactions including, but not limited to, cash and check processes, deposits, transfers, and loan payments. Assists members with account maintenance and changes. Collaborates with branch staff to cross-sell and increase member share of wallet. Ensures security and compliance procedures are followed in all transactions.
- Independently receives and processes customer financial transactions including: deposits, withdrawals, transfers, and loan payments. Follows check procedures, check/cash handling processes, and ensures accuracy in all transactions. Educates and supports members to utilize LMCU Online Banking Portal. Provides exceptional member service, adheres to I AM LMCU guidelines, and contributes ideas to improve member experience.
- Performs the following with assistance: utilizes technology such as CRM and Symitar to effectively support members and employees. Conducts problem-solving strategies resulting in a win-win solution for both the member and LMCU. Completes voided transactions, account maintenance, CD maintenance, process disputes, stop payments, payroll distributions, Card Services requests, check order requests, basic loan payment information, closing accounts, member account changes, and fee schedules, both accurately and efficiently.
- Collaborates with branch staff to effectively cross-sell products and services, and close deals to increase member share of wallet.
- Follows established procedures and guidelines for check holds, outgoing funds, non-member transactions, and safe deposit boxes.
- Follows security procedures and ensures appropriate steps are taken to correct unsatisfactory conditions.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- One to three years of similar or related experience. Cash handling and customer service experience is strongly preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.