Monroe Tractor is a well-known and respected construction equipment and agricultural equipment dealer with over 70 years of experience servicing the northeastern US. With 18 locations throughout New York, Pennsylvania, Vermont, Connecticut, and Massachusetts, we pride ourselves on providing best-in-class sales and support to over 15,000 hardworking customers. Since our founding in 1951, the industries we serve have been transformed by the technologies, equipment, and capabilities undreamed of decades ago. But the people we serve haven’t changed, and neither have we. We’re still a family owned business, and we’re WBE-certified.
The Parts Manager will oversee all phases of Parts Operation such as inventory control (shipping/receiving, obsolescence control, parts turnover, stock order efficiencies, etc.), hiring and training Parts Department Personnel, managing departmental budgets, key performance indicators, marketing and selling parts to successfully achieve financial targets. This position requires a friendly disposition with the ability to lead other and interact with a broad base of customers.
- Set challenging goals and objectives for each departmental employee
- Formally evaluate each employee annually, mentor, coach and give feedback
- Ensure that one complete physical inventory is conducted annually
- Maximize vendor authorizes stock returns to enhance parts turns and cash flows
- Meet daily with Branch and Service Management to promote collegial working relationships
- Review all open documents weekly with Branch Manager
- Complete all parts department filings, i.e., stock orders and records, etc. weekly
- Assist parts counter when necessary
- Provide and encourage a culture of personal development and career advancement
- Take ownership of merchandising showroom and storefront
- Deep understanding of financial statements and departmental metrics
- Solid computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- Experience in construction equipment, agriculture or automotive is a plus.
- At least 1 year of leadership experience
- Strong work ethic
- Superior communication skills
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- 401K Plan + Match
- Generous Paid time off Policy
- Short/Long Term Disability
- Family owned and operated.
- Fun environment- enjoy spending time with your colleagues outside of work with outings, Christmas parties and more.
- Annual Reviews
- Incentive Plans
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.