Position Title: Patient Service Representative (PSR)
Remote independent contract worker position
Competitive fee for service
Flexibility – work around your schedule
Lifesaving medical technology
The Cardiac Management Solutions division of ZOLL Medical Corporation develops products to protect and manage cardiac patients, including the LifeVest® wearable cardioverter defibrillator (WCD) and associated technologies.
Heart disease is the leading cause of death for both men and women in the U.S. At ZOLL, your services will help to ensure cardiac patients get the life-saving therapy they need. To date, the LifeVest® has been worn by hundreds of thousands of patients and saved thousands of lives.
Preferred Candidates include (not limited to): RN, EMT, Paramedic, EMS, Firefighter, PA, LPN, MA, Phlebotomy, RCIS, CVT, EKG Technician, etc. All candidates reviewed on an individual basis.
The Cardiac Management Solutions division of ZOLL, manufacturer of the LifeVest®, is seeking a Patient Service Representative (PSR) in an independent contractor role to train patients on the use and care of LifeVest ®.
LifeVest® is worn by patients at risk for sudden cardiac arrest (SCA), providing protection during their changing condition. It is lightweight and easy to wear, allowing patients to return to their common activities of daily living, while having the peace of mind that they are protected from SCA.
This is the perfect opportunity for the health professional with patient care and teaching experience to supplement his or her income. A typical LifeVest® patient is in the hospital awaiting discharge, and the Patient Service Representative sets up the equipment and trains the patient and caregivers on the use and care of the device. They also follow up with patients as needed to assure patient understanding and satisfaction. PSRs retain the flexibility to accept or decline assignments as their schedules dictate. Most assignments can be scheduled during free time – before/after work, and on days off.
- Contact caregivers and family to schedule services
- Willingness to accept assignments which could include daytime, evenings, and/or weekends.
- Travel to patient’s homes and health care facilities to provide services
- Train the patient and other caregivers of patient (if applicable) in the use of LifeVest®
- Program LifeVest® according to the prescribing physician’s orders
- Measure the patient and determine correct garment size
- Review with patient, and have patient sign, all necessary paperwork applicable to the service.
- Transmit signed copy of the Patient Agreement and WEAR Checklist to ZOLL within 24 hours of the assignment
- Manage device and garment inventory
- Disclose family relationship with any potential referral source
- Have 1 year patient care experience
- Patient experience must be in a paid professional environment (not family caregiver)
- Patient experience must be documented on resume
- Completion of background check
- Florida and Ohio candidates must complete a level 2 screening, fee not paid by ZOLL
- Disclosure of personal NPI number (if applicable)
- Valid driver’s license and car insurance and/or valid state ID
- Willingness to pay a $30 annual DME fee which is deducted from a completed Work Order
- Willingness to pay for additional vendor credentialing (i.e. RepTrax) if needed geographically