The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization, with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. The J.R. Simplot Company is a true farm-to-table company with operations that touch every aspect of agriculture, including seed production, farming and ranching, plant sciences, fertilizer manufacturing, food processing, commercial product development, and distribution.
This Engineer supports production efforts of the company/group by providing technical support to plant operating and maintenance department to work or manage projects to develop new or existing equipment, instrumentation, and raw materials.
- Assesses and aligns with key stakeholders the feasibility and soundness of proposed engineering evaluation tests, products, or equipment solutions.
- Leads and is accountable for the developments and evaluation of plans and success criteria (often by others) to ensure that project and/or system performance meets business objectives for a variety of projects and activities that are usually carried out by others.
- May lead the development of new or modified components, products, manufacturing processes, materials and equipment.
- Leads/guides teams in establishing the appropriate designs, engineering and execution processes. Responsible for leading the communication of project updates to senior management and key stakeholders.
- Responsible for preparing and gaining alignment on engineering proposals, feasibility studies and vendor/construction packages.
|Bachelor's Degree (B.A. or B.S.) from 4 year college or university|
|5+ years related experience and/or training|
Job Requisition ID: 15060
Travel Required: Less than 10%
Location(s): FG Idaho Plant - Caldwell
Country: United States
**The J.R. Simplot Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status. **