Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s agricultural supply chain business, where we seamlessly connect farming customers with food, feed and industry.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Plant Project Engineer will supervise construction project activities and startup processes for projects at our Soybean crush and oil refinery facility in Guntersville, AL. You will partner with stakeholders to promote a safe work environment, reduce, recycle and promote efficient construction operations. In this role, you will be responsible for the development, deployment and delivery of construction objectives.
- Provide leadership and construction expertise to the team for project execution, scope, design and review.
- Oversee overall build project execution phase basis established project controls and timetables to deliver build projects that meet all safety, quality and regulatory goals.
- Provide expertise during early to final design development of build projects through facilitation of construction execution strategies.
- Collaborate with other functional teams to measure, monitor and report project progress and key metrics during execution phase to mitigate risk and increase performance of project.
- Promote a safe work environment throughout the execution of build projects.
- Direct and oversee assignments, timetables and responsibilities for team members for the project.
- Lead and develop a team, coach and make decisions related to talent management, hiring, performance, and disciplinary actions.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of four years of related work experience
- Experience managing third party resources to deliver business results.
- Maintenance and reliability experience
- Previous project management experience
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.