Do you have experience working with Press Brake machines? Are you mechanically inclined? You came to the right place if you answered yes. As an employee/owner at MEC, you will be responsible for setup, adjust and operate all sizes of press brakes to perform a wide variety of forming, notching, bending, and punch operations on a diversified line of work. Work from drawings, patterns, templates, and specifications.
A role like this comes with some important responsibilities, some of those responsibilities include:
- Lays out or details layout on work stock from blueprints.
- Positions workpiece manually or with crane.
- Starts machine to lower ram or depresses pedal to activate ram that bends or cuts metal.
- Verifies dimensions of workpiece and make adjustments if necessary.
- Ability to determine proper dies, setups of dies, setup of gauges, and adjustment of ram stroke to from all types of parts to proper angle and length without the use of work instruction.
- Ability to determine forming sequence of multiple hit parts without the use of work instruction.
- Capable of writing work instruction once part setup has been established.
- Use vernier, protractor, indicator, radii gauges, etc.
- Proceed with minimum supervision and instruction.
Why Work for MEC?
We don’t want to brag, but we are honored to be the largest fabricator in the nation for 9 years in a row. In fact, you can find MEC on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: MEC). This would not be possible without the hard work and dedication from our 2,500 plus team members. MEC is employee-owned company meaning that what YOU do on an everyday basis impacts our success as a company. We’re also proud to be a company that is highly involved and actively supports the communities in which our facilities are located.
Founded in 1945, MEC is a manufacturer that provides a broad range of Prototyping, Metal Fabrication, Tube Bending, Machining, Welding, Coating, and Value-Added Assembly services to a variety of markets including Commercial Vehicle, Power Sports & Recreational Vehicles, Agriculture, Construction & Forestry, Military, Mining, Automotive, and Power Generation companies. We continue to have an aggressive growth plan, operating 19 manufacturing facilities that are strategically located near its customers in eight states.
What Does It Take to Be a Fit for This Role?
- Having Press Brake experience is preferred.
- Ability to understand work orders and follow instructions.
- Ability to understand and follow at MEC safety policies and procedures.
- Ability to left up to 50 lbs at a time. This position involves a lot of bending, twisting and lifting.