Canadian Solar Inc. is one of the world’s largest solar modular producers. As a leading vertically integrated provider of ingots, wafers, solar cells, solar modules, solar power systems and specialized solar products, Canadian Solar delivers uncompromising value to its customers across the globe.
Our Walnut Creek, CA office is conveniently located near public transportation (BART), is ideally situated for bicycle commuters, there's plenty of free parking, and an abundance of eateries in the surrounding area. Hybrid schedules available with flexibility to work from home 2-3 days a week.
Canadian Solar Inc. is seeking a Product Manager to join the North America Module System & Solutions Team, located in Walnut Creek, CA. This position will make use of knowledge and skillsets of solar product experience to provide product management of Canadian Solar String Inverters and Commercial & Industrial Energy Storage products. This position will be a direct communication link with the sales person, customers and headquarter personnel abroad, to assist with responsibilities defined below:
- Manage elements of the existing and future US product portfolio and its life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities, including creating, maintaining and updating product roadmaps.
- Main product focus: String Inverters and C&I Energy Storage Solution
- General Solar System knowledge
- Communicate and train customers and sales teams in regards of product details and specifications, product advantages, product applications and product benchmark compared to competitors.
- Research, analyze and draft market requirements for existing and new products by communicating with customers and sales teams, by reading other information sources and transferring these requirements into product and roadmap proposals. Present proposals to internal stakeholders to gain approval.
- Follow codes and certifications as they develop; analyze their impact on the market and specific products; make recommendations to management on how to leverage these developments to CSI’s benefit.
- Prepare content and materials for customer visits with sales managers to conduct product presentations, customer training sessions, webinars, and customer events.
- Provide and validate content for marketing collateral material such as datasheets, technical brochures, white papers and others.
- Work with the marketing team to launch and communicate new products and their features and measure the introduction and sales success of the existing and new products.
- Ability to travel up to 35% of the time, including international travel.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in product management, in the energy sector or within the PV industry. Experience in PV Power Electronic, String Inverter technology, Energy Storage is must. Additional experience in PV project or PV system design and Energy Storage System design is a plus.
- Able to perform project simulation as needed in PVSys.
- Experience interacting with sales and business development teams and B2B sales channels and working experience in direct sales to commercial and industry business is a plus.
- Excellent technical aptitude and ability to quickly learn detailed information about the existing product portfolio and to communicate and answer technical and product related questions and topics.
- Understanding and application of financial product calculation – product cost and product sales
price definition, analysis, and recommendation.
- Excellent social and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to work with others effectively, locally, and also over multiple time zones and different cultures.
- Ability / Willingness to travel (up to 35%, also internationally).
- Articulate with strong writing and presentation skills in person and remotely via webinar tools.
- A dynamic, roll-up-the-sleeves personality, who can think quickly and creatively and is results-driven complemented by appropriate process orientation.
- Recognized as a leader who is highly proficient in developing strategies, setting goals, training, communicating, mentoring, allocating resources and fostering a strong, cohesive, and effective team spirit.
- A pragmatic businessperson who is comfortable in a collaborative and fluid environment. An individual who is capable of thinking on his/her feet and making sound decisions within compressed timelines.
- An excellent time manager, able to balance multiple projects and prioritize a broad variety of issues, initiatives, and objectives concurrently.
- A self-confident, self-starter, team-oriented, high energy with ethics, integrity, and finesse.
- Work will be performed in a standard office environment, in front of a computer monitor and will involve sitting, bending, standing, walking, typing, reaching.
Compensation and Benefits:
Canadian Solar offers a competitive salary plus fully comprehensive benefits and performance bonus package based on an annual objective achievement. Our generous benefits package includes a 401(k) Retirement Plan, medical/dental/life/disability program, PTO and sick days. This is a full time position.
The pay range for this position is $100,000 – $136
Canadian Solar Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.