This position is responsible for operational oversight of the maintenance functions for their assigned branch. Production managers schedule and direct personnel/resources towards providing quality, cost-effective services to clients. Production Managers also support the Account Managers in customer service, estimating and budgeting as needed.
Essential Job Functions:
- Understand client needs via regular communication with the Account Manager.
- Ensure that job site quality/appearance meet client and company standards.
- Manage all landscape services, including the coordination of all materials, people, equipment and subcontractors required to produce quality work.
- Inspect properties prior to scheduled service and prepare specific action plans for service.
- Monitor irrigation systems, identify problems or necessary repairs, and communicate recommendations to the appropriate party.
- Monitor all aspects of the landscape and identify insect or disease problems.
- As necessary, perform hands-on work with crews to meet work and scheduling demands.
- Implement and enforce company policies and procedures related to safety, proper upkeep/maintenance of equipment, storage, use, and training required for branch equipment.
- Work with the Account Manager to identify staffing needs, hire new crew members, and prepare daily crew schedules.
- Ensure proper paperwork is completed for all employee changes and hires.
- Communicate with, counsel, train, discipline, review, and develop growth plans for employees.
- Hands-on training and support of crew members, including proper operation of equipment, pruning techniques, safety, and quality standards.
- Focus on safety standards and monitor safety records.
- Maintain and manage all required paperwork and Aspire entries.
- Order materials as needed and monitor costs and deliveries.
- Direct reports will vary by division
- Wears all required safety personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Ensures compliance with all applicable codes, laws, rules, regulations, standards, policies, and procedures.
- Responsible for completing all mandatory training classes.
- Ensures direct reports have completed mandatory training classes.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma and a minimum of four progressive maintenance landscaping industry related experience to include at least two years leadership experience. A BMP (Best Management Practices) Certificate is preferred. Must have a current state driver’s license with acceptable driving record. An Associate’s Degree is preferred. Bi-lingual communication is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong Plant Identification experience required
- Must have basic knowledge on herbicide
- Solid knowledge of equipment, tools, and machinery needed for landscaping operations.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to deal effectively with employees at all levels within the organization to promote a seamless workflow.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Excellent listening skills using patience and empathy.
- Highly motivated, well organized, detail-oriented, creative, and innovative.
- Excellent time management skills and strong sense of urgency.
- Must have computer skills and ability to learn new software programs.
- Safety leadership skills are required.
- Ability to successfully set-up, troubleshoot and work from mobile office hubs and/or corporate vehicles while working in the field.
- Ability to work collaboratively to enhance ULS’s reputation for excellence through best practices, reviews, accountability for performance and continuous improvement.
- Ability to maintain a positive image as a representative of ULS’s employee base.
Work Environment | Physical Demands:
While this role involves working from a desk part of this time, when conducting site visits, physical demands require constantly moving, walking, climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling when performing installation or repair of equipment. May need to stand and walk, lift and/or move up to 50 to over 100 lbs. with assistance. Performs repetitive motion.
ULS Benefits and Perks
Paid weekly on Fridays!
Benefits - Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and matching 401K
PTO offered after 90 days – 5 days a year with Holiday paid time off!
Immediate start dates available!
Company Vehicle and fuel card
Hours of operation - Monday - Friday