Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Production Supervisor will be responsible for the strategic operational oversight of the Dry Corn Milling Facility in Paris, IL for production operations or moderate degree of complexity. In this role, you will oversee and hold the operating facility accountable to standards for safety, quality, operational effectiveness and financial performance.
- Execute routine operations of assigned area, ensuring direct reports are following policies and procedures related to employee, food and feed safety and environmental compliance.
- Monitor production outcomes, quantity, and quality to ensure customer and food safety requirements are within specifications.
- Partner with production supervisors to meet customer specifications and timeline.
- Administer production budget for a department, process, or shift and executes purchase orders and ensures timely payment of invoices
- Develop operational plans and monitors routine operations for all production processes for multiple departments, processes and shifts.
- Develop, supervise and provide coaching to direct reports including coaching company core values and guiding principles for assigned facilities or region.
- Responsible for personnel decisions related to hiring, performance and disciplinary actions for your direct reports. You will also spend time completing the same tasks as employees on your team.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum one year of directly related work experience
- Able and willing to work in a rotating shift
- One year of supervisory experience
- Lean six sigma
- Grain milling background
- Relocation assistance will not be provided for this position.
- The work schedule is: Rotating Shift
- Benefit package includes: Paid time off; paid holidays; medical, vision and dental coverage; flexible spending accounts; life insurance; disability insurance; retirement savings; employee and family assistance program (EAP). Learn more at: www.cargill.com/myhealth
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet