PROGRAM MANAGER Leads projects that involve the successful management of teams composed of data processing and other information management professionals who have been involved in analysis, design, integration, testing, documenting, converting, extending, and implementing automated information and/or telecommunications systems. Performs day-to-day management of overall contract support operations, possibly involving multiple projects and groups of personnel at multiple locations. Organizes, directs, and coordinates the planning and production of all contract support activities. Demonstrates written and oral communication skills. Establishes and alters (as necessary) corporate management structure to direct effective contract support activities.
- Must hold a Project or Program Management certification (i.e., Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or other equivalent/recognized Project or Program Management certification)
- Project or Program Management certifications from accredited institutions are required. Examples from government and commercial sources include, but are not limited to, the Defense Acquisition University, The Program Management Institute, Department of Veterans Affairs as well as Universities and Colleges. Substitutes for a Project or Program Management Certification such as training, degrees, or relevant experience, will be considered and must clearly state how the credentials are equivalent to the certifications.
- Must have 5 years of experience in program management.
- Must have 10 years of leadership experience with progressively higher responsibility in the public and/or private sector in the IT and/or consulting fields; have experience with the Information Technology Acquisition process and its milestones; and have experience in analyzing a variety of source documentation and supporting the creation of acquisition documentation.
- Program Managers identified as Key Personnel are required to have a Bachelor's degree.