Calibrant Energy is a cutting-edge company in the renewables and environment industry, aiming to provide solutions that accelerate the energy transition. Founded in 2020 by Siemens and Macquarie's Green Investment Group, two of the most innovative companies in energy technology and the energy sector, Calibrant Energy brings deep industry experience and quality leadership in the energy transition to deliver value to its customers.
What you'll do:
Working in a dynamic, collaborative team, you will be directly responsible for leading the development of multi-technology distributed generation projects. You will manage consultants and work across multi-disciplinary teams within Calibrant Energy including legal; engineering, procurement & construction; and project finance.
The successful candidate will have a wide range of responsibilities that will include, but are not limited to:
- Lead the development or acquisition of distributed energy projects, which includes:
- Establish and execute multi-disciplinary due diligence plans with support of internal subject matter experts and third-party consultants
- Establish project schedules and milestones
- Track action items and coordinate with internal resources and third-party consultants to provide deliverables
- Establish development budgets and ensure proper financial project set-up including work breakdown structures (WBS) and monitor and update as financial changes occur.
- Compose and deliver development progress reporting
- Identify interdisciplinary risks in project contracts, technologies, vendors, and work with internal subject matter experts to develop mitigation strategies. Maintain a risk register and escalate issues to Calibrant senior management team as applicable.
- Actively communicate with customers’ commercial representatives and manage resolution of commercial issues.
- Influence team to take positive action and assume accountability for assigned work.
- Regularly perform lessons-learned activities on commercial aspects
- Drive interpersonal relationships, foster effective communication, and manage conflicts.
- Collaborate with internal commercial, financial, legal, engineering and construction subject matter experts in the commercial and risk management aspects of drafting, analysis, and negotiation of the following documents
- PPA and hedge contracts
- Land option, lease, and easement agreements
- EPC, O&M, and asset management contracts
- Source and manage third-party consultants to support permitting, environmental studies, engineering, land acquisition/title work, ALTA surveys, interconnection, renewable resource and wholesale power & ancillary market studies as needed, and with strict adherence to scope, schedule, and budgets
- Interface with any state and local agencies at it relates to regulation, permitting, interconnection, and project-specific tax considerations
- Assist in building and managing strong relationships with customers, asset developers and other sources of project investment opportunities
- Support in the preparation and presentation of investment committee and board of directors reporting activities
- Prepare and deliver presentations to Calibrant customers
- Support project finance team in any debt and/or tax equity raises for projects
- Maintain current knowledge of regulatory/legislative trends and policy changes, as well as current and future market conditions
- Support ongoing development process improvements at the Company
- At least 5 years of professional experience working in the renewables and environment industry, with a focus on developing and implementing solutions that accelerate the energy transition.
- Familiarity of renewable energy technologies and energy efficiency measures.
- Demonstrated background in project management, including budgeting, scheduling, and risk management
- Experience with energy generation technologies including one or more of the following: solar, wind, battery storage, geothermal, biomass, fuel cells, EV charging.
- Working autonomously on deadline-driven projects, your strong analytical and problem-solving skills will ensure on-time delivery to stakeholders.
- Ability to travel to client sites as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related field a plus.
What we think drives success:
You are adept at understanding and meeting the unique needs of customers, and have a strong grasp of the requirements and intricacies involved in assessing the feasibility of projects in their initial stages, including pricing considerations and estimates. You demonstrate a deep understanding of renewable energy technology systems, their applications, and the benefits they bring to provide valuable guidance to customers.
You are adaptable and open to learning new concepts and skills. With the ever-evolving green energy landscape embracing new ideas ensures you stay at the forefront of the field. You collaborate actively with team members, sharing insights, and leveraging everyone's expertise to foster a friendly and supportive work environment. Together, we can deliver impactful green energy solutions that create a positive impact for our customers and the environment. This role has a salary range of $150,000 to $170,000 plus bonus opportunity.
If you want to make a significant impact on the renewable energy industry, we want to talk to you!
What we'll bring:
We believe in fostering an inclusive environment in which employees feel encouraged to share their unique perspectives, leverage their strengths, and act authentically.
At Calibrant Energy, our priority is to ensure that every team member feels valued and supported. We believe putting wellness first supports a full, holistic, and happier life. We support that by offering benefits that cover you and your family such as: medical, dental, vision insurances, PTO, and 401k with a company match, and more.
Calibrant Energy is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions, breastfeeding or reproductive health decisions), gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, personal appearance, genetic information, family responsibilities, matriculation, political affiliation, military or veteran status, or any other category protected under applicable U.S. law. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to: email@example.com