Environmental Consulting & Technology (ECT) seeks to hire a Project Manager to join our Compliance and Sustainability team. As a Project Manager, you will manage projects to ensure environmental compliance for clients. This includes providing regulatory assistance, preparing permit applications, conducting site evaluations, and writing detailed reports. You will collaborate with industry leaders and government agencies to assess environmental impacts, propose innovative solutions to maintain compliance, and oversee regulatory aspects of projects.
The successful candidate should have expertise in managing and driving consulting services throughout the entire project life cycle. They will provide project management support, overseeing day-to-day operations of important client accounts, including maintaining client relationships, delivering proposals, managing project staffing needs, ensuring work is executed according to the client's schedule, performing quality assurance/quality control of work, and ensuring project delivery.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plan, coordinate, and conduct environmental project activities both in the field and office
- Perform and supervise environmental compliance audits
- Manage field sampling activities, such as NPDES and other sampling tasks
- Ensure quality control of project deliverables
- Prepare technical compliance audit reports and regulatory plans, including SPCC, SWPPP, PIPP, FRP, etc.
- Oversee the preparation and submission of regulatory permit applications and reports
- Create proposals, estimate costs, and prepare contracting documents
- Manage and track project budgets
- Manage and analyze data, and prepare written presentations
- Oversee and monitor subcontractors
- Create detailed PowerPoint presentations for management reviews
- Supervise and engage project teams
- Support operations management to achieve margin, growth, and utilization goals
- Build and maintain trusted relationships with new and existing clients
- Assess environmental impact and regulatory compliance
- Conduct stormwater inspections and collect/evaluate stormwater samples
- Interpret collected data and environmental records for reporting and proposals
- Uphold ECT's values related to safety, company vision, quality, integrity, creativity, accountability, teamwork, and passion
- Manage and maintain an opportunity and project database, and track important milestones
- Handle client communications in coordination with the Operations Director(s)
- Support business development and marketing by updating marketing documents, attending conferences, and communicating with potential clients
- Assist with trade show events, publications, press releases, social media, blog posts, etc., for ECT's marketing and communications efforts
- Perform quality analysis/quality control of key deliverables related to personally managed projects and tasks, as well as those managed by others; responsible for implementing quality procedures at project and task levels
Education & Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in environmental compliance, such as in consulting, environmental health and safety (EHS) management, or with an environmental regulatory agency
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant environmental project management experience
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in Engineering or Environmental Science from a four-year university or college
- Expertise in one or more environmental/technical areas as a Subject Matter Expert (SME)
- Experience with ArcGIS application is a plus
- Knowledge of Michigan and Federal Environmental Regulations (Air, Water, Waste)
- Experience preparing various environmental reports and regulatory agency documents
- Experience leading, recruiting, building, mentoring, and overseeing a project team of scientists and engineers
- Effective, professional, and technical communication skills, both written and verbal
- Familiar with ISO 14001 Environmental Management Systems
- Understand compliance audit and regulatory inspection procedures
- Must have a valid driver's license and a clean driving record
- Ability to travel out of town with occasional overnight stay.
ECT is a multidisciplinary natural resource and environmental consulting firm serving private and public-sector clients by integrating science, engineering, technology, planning, and management systems to provide practical solutions to complex challenges. ECT maintains a drug-free environment and is an affirmative action (AA) and equal employment opportunity (EEO) employer.