We are looking for a full-time, long-term career-minded PV Installer to add to our team. PV Installation experience is not required, this is an apprenticeship program we will teach you everything you need to know! If you enjoy working outdoors, are comfortable working on roof tops or other high elevations, can carry 50 lbs., can make frequent trips up and down a ladder and are a team player, this position is for you. The solar industry is one of the fastest growing industries in the SE, now is the time to get your foot in the door by starting out with installing and working your way up in the industry. Pay starts at $18.50/hr with previous experience, pay can be up to $22/hr.
Creative Solar USA is a 15-year-old company with headquarters in Kennesaw, GA which provides residential and commercial customers with affordable, innovative solar solutions to reduce their energy cost and offer solutions to tomorrow's energy challenges. We are committed to delivering the highest level of customer satisfaction through our comprehensive expertise in solar energy and technology. We are a privately owned small business that cares about its employees. We are currently in a growth mode and looking for like-minded individuals to join us in promoting a clean energy community.
A Day in the Life of a PV Installer:
As a PV Installer, you will work with other crew members, under a crew leader, to safely install solar arrays on residential and commercial buildings in the metro Atlanta area. Sometimes, you will also install ground mount systems and conduct trenching and roof repair. The day starts out by ensuring all the materials for the job is loaded onto the truck, then after arriving at the job site, you will assess the safest way to perform the installation and prevent damage to a customer's property. Next, the array is laid out and then the racking system and panels are installed. At the end of the day, after all the tools and equipment are packed up and accounted for and the debris is cleared from the site, you head back to the office. Because you will potentially be interacting with the customer, all our installers have great communication and customer service skills to be able to help the customer understand what you are doing with the installation. Typically, work is M-F, during daytime hours.
What we are looking for:
- High School diploma or GED
- Preference to those with experience in roofing or construction
- A willingness to learn and "can-do" attitude
- Enjoy working outdoors and not afraid of heights
- Ability to get to work timely and ability to meet deadlines
- Must be able to lift objects up to 50 lbs/ Travel up and down a ladder •Must be comfortable working on a roof at height while following appropriate safety precautions •Must be able to drive a company vehicle for long distances of time •Must be comfortable standing for long periods of time
Benefits (after applicable eligibility period):
- PTO •Company-paid holidays •Birthdays paid on us •401(k) •Training Incentive Programs •Medical Insurance, Vision, Dental, •Life Insurance •Maternity Leave, Paternity Leave •EAP (Employee Assistance Programs)
All candidates must pass a pre-employment drug screening, a background check deemed relevant for the position, and an annual motor vehicle record (MVR) according to company policies prior to starting employment.