The company is a vertically integrated manufacturer of solar cells, modules, inverters, energy storage and custom‐designed solar power applications. Founded in 2001, the company is one of the world’s fastest‐growing organizations in the solar industry and has been listed on the NASDAQ since 2006.
The Regional Sales Manager will develop business opportunities of our newly released flexible and intelligent residential energy storage system; manage the relationships, drive sales, and cement the company as a market share leader in the respective region.
· Manage the entire sales cycle. Meet existing prospects and clients. Build a close, binding relationship to understand their needs.
· Ensure the company’s solutions are positioned correctly to meet those needs.
· Be the face of the company, drive brand awareness and recognition in the marketplace.
· Generate, identify, and contact new leads.
· Develop and execute an account penetration strategy to grow the customer base within the territory.
· Achieve targets for sales volume, revenue, and gross margin as well as targets for territory management including but not limited to market-share, customer base growth.
· Understand the technical and financial project needs and offering project specific support packages outside the product where applicable.
· Frequently establish and communicate sales forecasts, sales opportunities, and prospect review.
· Collect and share competitive information as well as market and territory data from the field to assist in marketing strategies as well as to define products, sales, and business development activities.
· Participate in trade shows and conferences to represent the company, to entertain clients and prospects and to close new sales opportunities.
· Ability and willingness to travel approximately 50% time depending on schedule and customer requirements and mostly within the sales territory.
Bachelor’s or associate degree in business management, administration, engineering, supply chain or related.
Min 3-5 years of B2B selling experience, including 2+ years in the energy storage & photovoltaic industry
Engineering background / technical sales proficiency preferred.
Ability to quickly learn detailed information about both the wider solar energy industry, trends and be a subject matter expert in state level markets.
Demonstrated an ability to find and signup new prospects.
Experience with value selling and designing an account penetration strategy/plan is required.
Ability to find the decision maker in a complex deal.
Strong presentation and communication, written, and verbal skills.
Excellent interpersonal relations and demonstrated ability to work with others effectively.
Participate in regular review meetings and trainings.
Reliable transportation necessary either personal car or car rental is possible– business travel expenses are reimbursed frequently.
High proficiency of MS Office applications and Sales Force.com
Self-motivated and able to work independently and proactively without supervision.
Great work ethic, can-do attitude, competitive and driven attributes needed.
Ability to support a flexible work schedule will be required.
We foster a team environment; honesty, responsibility and meeting commitments are key values.