Company: General Electric
Address: 1 River Road, Niskyuna, NY 12309
Position: Renewable Energy Learning Center Facilities Support
Job Description Summary
This role’s primary responsibility is to manage the 2 Renewable Energy Learning Center (RELC) buildings on-site as well as provide lab support to the technical instructors conducting classes at the RELC based in Niskayuna, NY. The purpose of the role is providing training support in the lab and maintain the RELC buildings to increase safety for tenants, students, customers and all visitors.
• Identify needs, request quotes, negotiate pricing and select vendors to maintain the numerous aspects of RELC facilities (HVAC, cranes, snow removal, lawncare, etc.).
• Primary point of contact for all vendors, escort them while onsite and ensure they follow RELC rules
• Work closely with sourcing when selecting vendors
• Responsible for submitting all facility expenses on time
• Conduct routine building maintenance, inside and out (painting, sidewalks, plumbing)
• Conduct routine facilities electrical work
• Track, maintain and order facilities’ supplies such as cleaning supplies, office supplies, etc.
• Support and assure lab safety rules are always maintained. Drive site safety culture by modeling behaviors associated with the highest level of EHS best practices
• Must be able to work on a team or individually, to assist in repairs of several models of GE Wind Turbines. This includes performing component replacements and troubleshooting mechanical and or electrical faults
• Perform administrative functions; such as ordering and shipping tooling, maintaining tooling inventory, ordering parts and ensuring items requiring periodic calibration or servicing are in compliance
• Coordinate crews of students, understand and demonstrate proper use of lab tools, equipment and logistics required to perform services and maintenance activities
• Coordinate and secure on-site installation of new lab systems and/or equipment. Perform ongoing preventive maintenance, repair and calibration after installation
• Assist instructors with student lab exercises as time allows
Qualifications / Requirements
• 4 years with facilities maintenance experience & associate degree in a technical field or equivalent in vocational training
• Facility management experience
• Experience working with and managing vendors
• Experience with heavy equipment required for facility maintenance with a working knowledge of crane and rigging requirements
• Familiarity with and ability to operate basic hand tools
• Ability and willingness to operate heavy equipment
• Ability and willingness to work at heights
• Ability and willingness to possess and maintain a valid driver's license
• Ability and willingness to work staggered shift start times, if there’s a business need
• Ability and willingness to take initiative, and work without direct supervision
• Mechanical knowledge & electrical aptitude
• Ability to read electrical schematics
As part of our promise to talent, Kelly supports those who work with us through a variety of benefits, perks, and work-related resources. Kelly offers eligible employees voluntary benefit plans including medical, dental, vision, telemedicine, term life, whole life, accident insurance, critical illness, a legal plan, and short-term disability. As a Kelly employee, you will have access to a retirement savings plan, service bonus and holiday pay plans (earn up to eight paid holidays per benefit year), and a transit spending account. In addition, employees are entitled to earn paid sick leave under the applicable state or local plan. Click here (https://www.mykelly.com/help-support-working-with-kelly-us/#Benefits) for more information on benefits and perks that may be available to you as a member of the Kelly Talent Community.
Get a complete career fit with Kelly ® .
You’re looking to keep your career moving onward and upward, and we’re here to help you do just that. Our staffing experts connect you with top companies for opportunities where you can learn, grow, and thrive. Jobs that fit your skills and experience, and most importantly, fit right on your path of where you want to go in your career.
Work changes everything. And at Kelly, we’re obsessed with where it can take you. To us, it’s about more than simply accepting your next job opportunity. It’s the fuel that powers every next step of your life. It’s the ripple effect that changes and improves everything for your family, your community, and the world. Which is why, here at Kelly, we are dedicated to providing you with limitless opportunities to enrich your life—just ask the 300,000 people we employ each year.
Kelly Services is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We welcome, value, and embrace diversity at all levels and are committed to building a team that is inclusive of a variety of backgrounds, communities, perspectives, and abilities. At Kelly, we believe that the more inclusive we are, the better services we can provide. Requests for accommodation related to our application process can be directed to Kelly’s Human Resource Knowledge Center.
Kelly complies with the requirements of California’s state and local Fair Chance laws. A conviction does not automatically bar individuals from employment.
Kelly Services is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We welcome, value, and embrace diversity at all levels and are committed to building a team that is inclusive of a variety of backgrounds, communities, perspectives, and abilities. At Kelly, we believe that the more inclusive we are, the better services we can provide. Requests for accommodation related to our application process can be directed to Kelly’s Human Resource Knowledge Center. Kelly complies with the requirements of California’s state and local Fair Chance laws. A conviction does not automatically bar individuals from employment.