Renewables Lead Civil Engineer - ( 230002PN )
As energy availability, reliability and security becomes increasingly critical, there’s no end to the scope and significance of your work — and to where it can take you at Stantec. Every day, we’re problem-solving and collaborating on projects that are as challenging as they are impactful.
Join an integrated team that is working together with industry to deliver innovation for the long term on some of the most important and interesting projects around the world. Our team works on diverse energy and resource sectors and is helping lead global energy transition through our important projects.
Seeing beyond the project at hand, you’ll work with us to advance the industry and build your career. We operate with the strength of a $5B company but with the agility of a small, specialized group, and work on some of the most challenging, iconic and cutting-edge projects around the world that are helping to address some of the world’s biggest challenges. You’ll find yourself working with a team of the world’s top 10 design firms, broadening your skills and developing your career.
We are currently seeking a Civil Engineer to function as a Renewables Lead Civil Engineer to support onshore (solar, wind, battery storage and transportation electrification) and offshore renewables projects across North America.
You will have the opportunity to join our Integrated Design team providing project design support and through our entire Energy and Resources operating unit. This includes exposure to other industry sectors such as Power Generation, Power Delivery, Oil & Gas, Mining, and the rapidly growing and evolving Renewable Energy sector that support energy transition projects across North America.
**Your Key Responsibilities**
* Communicates effectively with management teams and distributes work amongst the E&R project design team;
* Performs quality control functions and documentation;
* Coordinates with project manager, discipline leads, inter-discipline teams, high value engineering centers, clients, regulatory entities, vendors and sub-contractors;
* Manages and leads other team members while working on projects; complete tasks and delegate specific project tasks to other team members, as appropriate.
* Manages/Oversees project scope, budget, schedule, change management and resource loading;
* Leads and contributes to the Proposals and identifies opportunities to improve company tools and techniques;
* Reports metrics to senior E&R leadership.
* Supports the mentorship and development of junior staff, including the review drawings and technical documentation to ensure high standards of quality.
* Develops project concepts and alternatives including systematic assessment of alternatives and project optimization, considered to be a highly valuable aspect of our services.
* Develops/Reviews construction site plans as well as the design of civil infrastructure for renewable energy projects;
* Performs/Reviews stormwater management design, hydrologic and hydraulic modelling, erosion and sedimentation control designs, cut/fill optimization, site grading and stormwater drainage design, haul roads and crossing design;
* Prepares/Reviews stormwater management plans including design of retention and detention ponds and controlled discharge outlets;
* Develops/Reviews Stormwater Management Reports and Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPP) to support regulatory permits;
* Executing conceptual and detailed engineering design, engineering calculations, and preparing technical specifications and reports;
* Performs/Reviews quantity and cost estimates;
* Involves in regulatory approval processes including general awareness of local requirements, preparation of various technical documents, support client interaction with regulatory agencies, and determining conformance with applicable regulatory codes, standards, and construction or operating permits;
* Prepares/Reviews Civil MTOs, project cost estimates, tender documentation and performs tender evaluation;
* Undertakes field visits during the development and construction phase of projects to support engineering design, technical assessments, and project oversight activities;
**Your Capabilities and Credentials**
* Brings strong and effective leadership skills to the role;
* Excellent oral and written communication skills, organizations skills and aptitude for problem solving.
* Strong understanding of civil earthworks, grading and stormwater drainage design including environmental and geotechnical requirements;
* Working knowledge of Civil3D and other civil design and modeling software such as PCSWMM.
* Will have strong experience in the design of civil infrastructure including access roads, storm sewers, culverts, grading/drainage, earthworks;
* Conversant with regulatory codes, design codes and standards, best management practices, permit requirements and construction practices;
* Ability to prepare/review complete, concise, and organized engineering calculations, analyses, and design documents;
* Proficient in the Microsoft 365 platform including Teams and SharePoint. Expert skills in Microsoft Excel would be a benefit. Familiarity with GIS software (Google Earth, ArcGIS, Global Mapper) is preferred.
**Education and Experience**
* Minimum of a B.S. in Civil Engineering or related field with preference given to advanced degrees.
* Minimum of 8 to 10 of experience working on engineering design projects, with at least 3 years of experience in design and development of renewables projects.
* Registration with as a P.Eng. or PE is required.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Pay transparency laws require employers to provide the following information for positions that may be in the following jurisdiction(s):
108,000.00 - 162,000.00 (CA, CO, WA locations only)
The final agreed upon compensation is based on individual education, qualifications, experience, and work location. At Stantec certain roles are bonus eligible.
**Benefits Summary:** Full-time and part-time employees have access to medical, dental, and vision plans, a wellness program, health saving accounts, flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan, employee stock purchase program, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage and paid family leave. Employees will receive ten paid holidays in each calendar year. In addition, employees will be eligible to accrue vacation between 10 and 20 days per year and eligible for paid sick leave (and if more generous, in accordance with state and local law).
Temporary employees have access to 401(k) plans, employee stock purchase program, and paid leave, in accordance with state and local law.
**Primary Location** : United States-Colorado-Denver
**Other Locations** : United States
**Work Locations** :
Denver 17th St CO
**Organization** : BC-2554 E&R BOU-US Integrated Design
**Employee Status** : Regular
**Job Level** : Individual Contributor
**Travel** : Yes, 10 % of the Time
**Schedule** : Full-time
**Job Posting** : Jun 30, 2023, 12:13:56 PM
**Req ID:** 230002PN
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans