Bimbo Bakeries USA Inc
Route Sales Specialist
Employment Type: Regular
Have you ever enjoyed Arnold, Brownberry or Oroweat bread? A Thomas' English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee, Entenmann's or Marinela cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world's largest baking company with operations in 33 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA (BBU) employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
The responsibility of the Route Sales Specialist is to follow procedures and good business practices that will enable routes to grow to potential. Delivers fresh product to existing customers, sets up new accounts and merchandises. The RSS will work closely with customers and support all sales initiatives to achieve expectations and be responsible for customer development with regard to ordering, merchandising, and display opportunities.
Top Reasons to Apply:
* Base Pay + Commission
(Sales Center Average)
Opening (6 am - 2 pm Tuesdays - Saturdays)
* Excellent benefits package: Medical, Dental, Vision, Retirement Plan
* Growing organization & increased demand for products!
What you will be doing:
* Provide vacation relief for Route Sales Professionals and Loaders
* Assisting the Sales Leadership Team in day-to-day operations and/or issues as needed.
* Assists with the training of new Route Sales Professionals.
* Delivers fresh product to existing customers on open routes until new RSPs are trained.
* Assists with rack resets.
* Partners with Route Sales Professionals to create alignment in account chains
* Route operation activity, including ordering and distribution, merchandising, promotional activity, holiday planning and meeting customer expectations.
* Communicate with customers to assist them in understanding the promotional activity and understand what our customer delivery expectations are.
* Ensure the product distribution is accomplished to customer satisfaction in agreement with any contract terms and requirements.
* Assists customer relations to include selling of new products, and space/position gains.
* Provides a high level of customer service and solve customer issues as they arise.
* Work location will vary depending on staffing needs.
What we need from you:
* At least 21 years of age.
* Valid driver's license.
* Ability to obtain and retain a DOT medical card.
* Ability to climb, push/pull, bend, stoop, and kneel for extended periods as well as perform frequent reaching and use of fingers.
* 1-3 years of related experience in DSD (Direct Sales Distribution) is preferred.
Be a part of a company that is dedicated to protecting our planet:
All of our U.S. operations have been powered with 100% renewable electrical energy since July 2019, with energy created through a Wind Farm backed by a Virtual Power Purchase Agreement with Invenergy
Bimbo Bakeries USA was named EPA ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year in 2018 and 2019 for superior leadership, innovation and commitment to environmental protection through energy efficiency
We have 14 ENERGY STAR Certified facilities
Our Manufacturing operations divert greater than 95% of waste from landfill
360 of our company-owned vehicles utilize alternative fuel - propane, compressed natural gas, and electric
Bimbo Bakeries USA has committed to 100% sustainable packaging across its portfolio by 2025. All product bags, pouches and wrappers are currently recyclable