Join the Origis Energy Team!
Origis Energy is bringing clean and cost effective solar and energy storage solutions within reach for utility, commercial, industrial and public sector clients. The Origis team has worked to ensure the interests of all stakeholders are upheld in 170 projects worldwide totaling over 4 gigawatts to date of developed solar and energy storage capacity.
The Origis team, regarded as one of the leading developers in the U.S., is committed to living five core values in all interactions both with each other and external stakeholders:
Solve for Tomorrow. A role with Origis Energy puts you at the forefront of the transition to clean energy. Are you ready to bring new ideas? Do you exist to find solutions? That’s how we revolutionize energy and build a carbon-free future - through unmatched service and relentless innovation.
Rise Together. To succeed here, you’ll collaborate with others and work as one team, across various teams including solar and energy storage development, financing, engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) and operations, maintenance and asset management. Are you open to diverse perspectives and prepared to work seamlessly across disciplines to reach our collective goals?
Perform at Peak. We’re seeking team members who bring authentic energy and passion to every task. How can you use your natural strengths, genuine optimism and intelligence to make your greatest contributions to Origis?
Inspire & Grow. The Origis team is comprised of knowledgeable, passionate solar and energy storage experts who bring deep expertise and solution-driven thinking to clients. A successful Origis team member encourages others and sets a high bar for growth. We have a culture of continuous improvement because each team member takes the role of both learner and mentor.
Be Resilient. The spirit in which we tackle the energy challenges and objectives of our clients means we consistently stretch for the extra mile. We all take initiative and remain adaptable, overcoming obstacles by prioritizing respect.
The SCADA Engineer position, reporting to the Director of Information Technology, will be responsible for verifying designs, overseeing implementation, maintaining and troubleshooting SCADA systems that monitor and control complex renewable utility power plants. The SCADA Engineer should have a strong background in programming, as well as experience with PPC (Programmable Process Controller) and RTU (Remote Terminal Unit) technologies.
The SCADA Engineer is a regular, full-time position, and is eligible for our generous employee benefits package, including employer paid health insurance, paid time off, a 401(k) plan with employer matching contributions, and other great benefits.
· Design, implement, and maintain SCADA systems for process control and monitoring.
· Ability to design and troubleshoot SCADA systems from various vendors (Ignition, Wonderware, Unity, etc.)
· Maintain PLC and HMI programs for PPCs.
· Configure and maintain RTUs for remote monitoring and control.
· Work closely with other engineers to ensure the successful integration of SCADA systems with other automation systems.
· Develop and maintain documentation related to SCADA systems, including user manuals, maintenance guides, and standard operating procedures.
· Troubleshoot SCADA systems and resolve issues in a timely manner.
· Work with vendors to select appropriate hardware and software for SCADA systems.
· Participate in commissioning and testing of new SCADA systems.
· Train end-users and other engineers on the use and maintenance of SCADA systems.
· Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field.
· Minimum of 5 years of experience in designing, implementing, and maintaining SCADA systems.
· Strong programming skills, particularly with PPCs and RTUs.
· Experience with SCADA software, such as Ignition, Wonderware and GE Cimplicty.
· Knowledge of communication protocols, including Modbus, OPC, and DNP3.
· Familiarity with industrial control systems and their components, such as sensors, relays, circuit breakers and controllers.
· Experience with network design and implementation, including TCP/IP, VPN, and VLAN.
· Ability to work well in a team environment.
· Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
Location Austin, TX
Job Level Engineer- no direct reports
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Origis Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOC) and does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. We are committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences as that is what makes our employees unique. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.