• Analyzes user requirements and translates to design documents. Develops technical specifications and plans. Designs moderate to highly complex systems, databases, queries and coding to develop and enhance new and existing applications.
• Creates prototypes and integrates, tests, installs and deploys new systems. Reports project status and any changes or issues to information technology (IT) management. Compiles timely, comprehensive and accurate documentation and/or reports as requested. Identifies risks or issues with user interfaces, space requirements, databases, reports, views, web sites, application functions or existing processes.
• Recommends solutions or improvements and monitors for potential downstream/upstream impacts. Certifies proposed and implemented solutions through testing, including functional, usability, integration, performance, quality assurance (QA), operations, recovery and user acceptance tests.
• Transitions ownership of new and updated systems to clients and users. Creates documentation and conducts training as required. Maintains client relationships and conforms to all established departmental standards. Provides guidance and technical expertise to lower level application developers. Performs evaluations or debugging of system problems, issues or requests.
• Recommends resolutions. Consults with management, business analysts, end‐ users and developers regarding enhancements or problems with systems.
Performs other duties as required.
• Gather requirements from stakeholders and users
• Work collaboratively with the project management team, technical team, stakeholders, and users
• Make recommendations regarding design and functionality to enhance the user experience
• Follow proper change control processes and procedures
• Design, develop, and implement sites, permissions, navigation, forms, workflows and web parts
• Design, develop, and implement solutions to integrate sites with other systems and applications
• Guide problem resolution and enhancements
• Support escalated incidents and bug fixes
• Monitor, review, and perform testing and debugging of sites and code Mentor junior staff and help to develop their skills
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer science, Information Systems, Information Technology, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or related discipline.
• 5 – 8 years of related experience.
• Experience with SharePoint framework solutions (SPFX) and custom solutions.
• Experience with Node.JS, React.JS, Typescript
• Proficiency with Power Automate, Power Apps and Power B
• Experience with Azure Cloud, MS SharePoint online, Office 365
• Proficiency with C# and other Web/SharePoint languages and technologies
• Strong work ethic and team-oriented interpersonal skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong organizational, and documentation skills
• Strong analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills
• Strong working knowledge of features, limitations, security, and business utilization of development products
• Proficiency with MS SQL Server and writing SQL queries
• Experience in SharePoint framework solutions (SPFX) with React.JS
• Experience in Azure apps and developing solutions
• Experience in Azure SQL database
• Experience leading or managing small to medium projects
• Experience training technical staff, stakeholders, and users
• Experience leading and mentoring junior staff
Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
Why CDM Smith?
CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
Background Check and Drug Testing Information
CDM Smith reserves the right to require background checks including criminal, employment, education, licensure, etc. as well as credit and motor vehicle when applicable for certain positions. In addition, CDM Smith may conduct drug testing for designated positions. Background checks are conducted after an offer of employment has been made in the United States. The timing of when background checks will be conducted on candidates for positions outside the United States will vary based on country statutory law but in no case, will the background check precede an interview. CDM Smith will conduct interviews of qualified individuals prior to requesting a criminal background check, and no job application submitted prior to such interview shall inquire into an applicant's criminal history. If this position is subject to a background check for any convictions related to its responsibilities and requirements, employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history. Criminal history will not automatically disqualify a candidate. In addition, during employment individuals may be required by CDM Smith or a CDM Smith client to successfully complete additional background checks, including motor vehicle record as well as drug testing.