- This role will design, develop, enhance, and support flexible, adaptable, and easy to use business intelligence solutions that meet the demands of changing business needs. This includes but not limited to forecasting marketing trends and measure the effectiveness of marketing campaigns and strategies. This also includes building complex data models, providing the technical design and data architecture for configuring a customer data platform to meet clients’ business goals, and developing advanced reports/dashboards using a variety of business intelligence tools. Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced agile team environment and be able to effectively engage with business community in order to deliver the best solution.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interact with marketing business unit to identify and understand source data systems, analyze, gather, and document business and reporting requirements.
- Provide technical leadership on business intelligence solutions across multiple initiatives throughout the company.
- Lead development of executive-level reporting using tools like Tableau, Spotfire or PowerBI (Preferred).
- Provide business data needs using complex multi-dimensional models.
- Build and reverse engineer complex SQL queries and stored procedures.
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems as needed.
- Design, develop, and maintain data marts using both ETL/ELT methodologies.
- Ensure data architecture supports existing and future requirements of evolving business model.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Create and maintain documentation for each step in the data lifecycle.
- Monitor and stay abreast of key developments in BI industry.
- Proactively resolve problems when identified while following company process.
- Participate and contribute to all activities and/or projects that support fulfilling the mission and vision of Employbridge.
- Participate in scrum activities and ceremonies.
- A passion for technology and providing innovative ideas to help the company be a standout engineering organization in the staffing industry.
- Ability to work in a team environment or paired programming.
- Some overtime required as special projects arise or daily operations dictate.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives.
- Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Volunteers readily; Seeks increased responsibilities; Asks for and offers help when needed
- Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
- Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Applies feedback to improve performance.
- Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Self-starter with strong work ethic
- Proficient in effectively communicating to a wide range of audiences, both written and oral
- Ability to manage multiple priorities while committed to deadlines and work overtime when required
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- 5 + years of experience with Customer Data Platforms like Segment, Tealium etc. (we use Segment)
- 7+ years building and designing business intelligence solutions from data inception to delivery
- 7+ years of experience using enterprise reporting software such as Microsoft SSAS, Microsoft PowerBI (Preferred) , Tableau, Qlik, Crystal Reports, Pentaho, or equivalent.
- Good to have - 5+ years of experience using enterprise data integration tools such as Microsoft SSIS, Informatica, Pentaho Data Integration, Matillion, or equivalent
- 10+ years of experience building complex queries in relational databases such as SQL Server, MySQL, Postgres, Snowflake, or equivalent
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, including Power Query, Power Pivot, connections to external data sources, REST APIs, pivot tables, charts, and slicers
- Expert in optimizing queries and data sets for performance
- Experience querying and transforming semi structured and unstructured data sets. (JSON and XML)
- Demonstrate expert skills in troubleshooting, debugging, and problem solving
- Strong knowledge on business intelligence best practices
- Knowledge of cloud environments (Optional : AWS or Azure)
- Knowledge of unit testing and testing frameworks
- Ability to synthesize data, identify trends
- Ability to present data in a logical, concise manner
- Ability to explain data and metrics to a non-technical audience
- Understanding of security around data access, scope, and distribution of reports/dashboards.
The anticipated annual base salary for this position in the US is $89,000 to $134,000. This range does not include any other compensation components or other benefits that an individual may be eligible for. The actual base salary offered depends on a variety of factors, which may include as applicable, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, specific and unique skills, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job.
EmployBridge is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
EmployBridge offers a competitive benefits package which includes Medical/Dental/Vision, prescription drug benefits, 401(k), paid time off and holidays, a wellness program, incentive programs, and more. We also offer a variety of career paths and encourage promotion from within.