Artyc is on a mission to decarbonize cold chain logistics with refrigerant-free, reusable, active cooling containers. Refrigerants are quickly becoming the largest source of greenhouse gas emissions and, in combination with the loss of agricultural, pharmaceutical, and medical goods in transit, are expected to have an impact of 160 gigatons of carbon dioxide equivalent emissions across the next decade. Artyc is committed to reducing spoilage while increasing access to cold-storage products in rural, international, and underserved communities to address the global cold chain gap. As a team and company, we are devoted to environmental and social impact; Artyc is a registered Public Benefit Corporation.
As a Senior Firmware Engineer at Artyc, you will be helping us create the firmware that enables our products with a close-knit and mission-driven team. We are looking for passionate and highly skilled individuals to join our team and be part of growing their respective organizations within the company. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages as well as flexible working situations whenever possible.
As a Senior Firmware Engineer at Artyc, you’ll be an early engineer with the option to shape product development. We are looking for a detail-oriented critical thinker who is not afraid to dive into the weeds as we move from start-up to scale-up.
What you’ll do:
- With guidance from the CTO and Artyc’s firmware team,l help update existing products and develop new firmware for upcoming products
- Prototype hardware and trouble shoot early issues including building firmware testing suite for existing products
- Perform bench-level testing at our in-house R&D lab
- Develop test programs, testing, technical documentation, and correspondence with internal and external sources.
- Work collaborate cross-functionally with mechanical, software engineering, product, sales, and design teams
- Can construct power budgets for mobile systems
- Write production firmware in C/C++
- Understanding of RTOS fundamentals
- Background with project management tools such as Asana and Jira
- Embody Artyc’s mission-driven culture and collaborative environment
- Background with IoT products
- Have been part of full product lifecycle development
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- Company retreats, bi-weekly lunches, team events & more!
Location & Time:
- Fremont, CA
- Full-time and hybrid
You will thrive in Artyc’s culture if:
- You are an independent thinker who is excited to work at a fast-growing start-up
- You want to be part of a mission-driven team focused on social change & impact, including decarbonizing logistics, preventing food waste & spoilage, and driving global healthcare access.
- You are comfortable in less-structured environments
- You are detailed oriented and produce high-quality work
- You are a nice human
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive team. If you're excited about this role but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we still encourage you to apply. We look forward to hearing from you!