Sr. Full Stack Developer
Jaguar Land Rover’s Global Digital Development group works with internal engineering groups, external vendors, and the open source community to identify and integrate emerging technologies into future vehicle product lines. Every day we work to close the gap between fast paced, highly available cloud services and the multifaceted challenges of a rolling, embedded platform. We work closely with embedded systems tools, silicon-to-pixel CI/CD toolchains, and higher-level languages to craft and build initial versions of production software that can be scaled out to other offices and external vendors for completion.
We believe the world of web services and data-driven applications can advise how embedded systems need to evolve. We are working to extend our customers’ user experience in modern portable devices to include their vehicles.
We are based in the Portland, Oregon office.
What you will be doing:
- Design and implement software features to meet desired user experience, functional, and security requirements, coordinating efforts with product owner and development leads.
- Collaborate with cross-functional Scrum team including product owner, designers, developers, and testers.
- Create, maintain and contribute to documentation including code comments, wiki pages, and READMEs.
- Ensure JIRA stories and tasks are kept to up to date with correct assignee, details, status and comments
- Contribute to development, implementation, and maintenance for Node.js and web-based applications, DevOps tools, and processes, and coordinate with peers across Jaguar Land Rover’s global development sites
- Write and maintain automated unit tests and ensure test coverage meets agreed upon standards
- Maintain infotainment rigs; update operating system and deploy new versions of apps when necessary
- Participate in Agile ceremonies including sprint planning and retrospectives, demos, and backlog refinement sessions
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders and technical experts to support project execution
- Perform code reviews and merge requests as needed
- Other duties as assigned
What you will need:
- Ability to clearly communicate issues and a path to solution to management
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in English – additional languages are a plus
- Experience with modern DevOps tooling (GitLab, JIRA, CI/CD, etc)
- Experience working with cloud-based hosting services such as AWS
- Experience working with automated testing frameworks
- Experience working with REST APIs and databases
- Experience in working with cross-functional teams
- Professional Agile experience
- Ability to understand, design, develop, and test a specified feature with minimum supervision.
- Experience Software development industry; additional experience in the Automotive Industry is a plus
Location: Portland, Oregon
So Why Us?
- As a people-first company, working at JLR means opportunity, teamwork, and growth. That’s why working here is so much more than a job.
- Be part of an international, inclusive, and open-minded company
- You are never just a number. We take pride in taking care of our employees doing everything we can to make sure that our teammates thrive both in and out of the office.
- Our employees receive a generous time off policy
- We offer a discounted Vehicle Car Program
- Employees also receive generous health care and retirement plans
- Quarterly Chair Massages
- Maternity Leave
- Paternity Leave
- Complimentary lunch
- And more!
Offers of employment are conditional upon the results of a background investigation. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories and review results on an individual basis.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.