The Connecticut Green Bank (hereafter "Green Bank") is seeking a Senior Manager, Market Engagement to join its growing Financing Programs team and support the Solar Marketplace Assistance Program ("Solar MAP").
Green Bank, a quasi-public authority, is the nation's first state-level "Green Bank," leveraging public funds to increase and accelerate private investment in the green economy of Connecticut. Working at the Green Bank means being part of a dynamic team of talented people who are passionate about implementing the green bank model, stimulating the growth and development of clean energy and environmental infrastructure investment in Connecticut, and growing our economy, strengthening our communities, and protecting our environment.
The Financing Programs team is responsible for the Green Bank's clean energy lending programs, including the Solar MAP. Solar MAP was created to strengthen Connecticut's communities, and support underserved municipal, state agency, and multifamily affordable housing partners access clean energy and energy savings through solar and battery storage projects. This position is responsible for increasing awareness of the program and building long-term relationships within the program's eligible customer classes, with a particular focus on the multifamily affordable housing sector, and ultimately delivering projects into the program. The Senior Manager will be responsible for outreach and engagement, deployment of Green Bank's Solar MAP financing products, program enrollment, and lifetime relationship management.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
Individual responsibilities may include:
- Working with the Associate Director of Financing Programs to build a pipeline of Solar MAP participants interested in clean energy opportunities the Green Bank would fund;
- In conjunction with the Marketing and Financing Programs teams, creating and leading the execution of outreach plans to increase awareness of and participation in the Solar MAP, particularly in the affordable multifamily sector;
- Developing and nurturing relationships with prospective program participants from state agency, municipal, and multifamily affordable housing partners throughout Connecticut to develop project opportunities;
- Supporting Solar MAP participants from initial engagement through closing; including presenting the Program and offerings, explaining clean energy opportunities, managing their participation through the process, and negotiating contracts;
- Working in collaboration with other Green Bank employees and consultants to identify prospective projects and provide comprehensive support;
- Partnering with key stakeholders, including consultants, and Green Bank staff, to move projects from leads to projects through closing;
- Identifying market gaps and new opportunities for existing and new Green Bank financing offerings;
- Representing the Green Bank in relevant board, committee, public meetings, conferences, and networking events;
- Supporting internal and external reports on portfolios of projects;
- May supervise Green Bank staff including assistants and interns; and
- Performing other duties as necessary.
The overall duties of this position are subject to change based on the skills, qualifications, and experience of the individual hired.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
The following minimum qualifications in knowledge, skill and ability are required:
- Either [A] experience with business development and lead generation activities in the clean energy, energy efficiency, or financial services sectors, or [B] experience with the development or management of affordable multifamily properties;
- Knowledge of multifamily property markets, including the challenges related to project development, ownership structures, and funding;
- Experience working with the Connecticut Department of Housing, Connecticut Housing Finance Authority, or other housing development agencies a plus;
- General knowledge of renewable energy and energy efficiency policies and programs required, with specific knowledge of Connecticut programs a plus;
- Ability to understand various energy-related technologies and financial products;
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills involving the ability to work with other parties, at all levels, internally and externally;
- Strong writing skills and the ability to communicate effectively, through oral and written communications;
- Ability to work as part of a team, but also work independently, exercise judgment, think critically and creatively, and take initiative;
- Knowledge of and direct experience with the process of project tracking with particular emphasis on customer support, application processing and/or marketing services in the clean energy or financial services sectors;
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Knowledge of customer relationship management and/or work flow applications, including Salesforce;
- Must be a self-starter and have the ability to prioritize work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment;
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and other software programs as necessary.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
- A Bachelor's degree in environmental science, engineering, economics, business administration, public administration, or other related field; and
- Five  years of experience performing business development and lead generation activities, ideally with demonstrable experience in a field related to clean energy, energy efficiency, or banking/financial services.
- A Master's degree in environmental science, engineering, economics, business administration, public administration, or other related field may be substituted for one  additional year of the general experience.
The Green Bank will determine if this position will be filled at the Senior Manager or Manager level based on the experience and qualifications of the individual selected. Prospective applicants who meet most, but not all, selection criteria are encouraged to apply for the position.
- This position reports directly to the Associate Director of Financing Programs.
- It is expected that the position will be based in the Green Bank's Hartford or Stamford, CT offices, with opportunities for some remote work.
- Travel to offsite meetings and presentations will be required.
- State of CT benefits package, including generous time-off, health insurance covering medical, dental and vision, retirement, tuition reimbursement for continuing education, and paid leave.
- Expected salary ranges from $90,000 - $140,000, but the final salary will be commensurate with experience, skills, and qualifications.
- Frequent communications, verbal and written, both qualitative and quantitative
- Visually or otherwise identify, observe, and assess
- Repetitive use of hands and fingers typing and/or writing
- Frequent travel to attend events, meet property owners, and other key stakeholders
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Frequent travel is expected, mainly by car. Can expect up to 50% of time spent traveling throughout Connecticut and applicant should be able to withstand the physical requirements associated with frequent travel.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The Green Bank reserves the right to fill this position at other levels in our career structure depending on the experience of the candidate and the needs of the organization.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this position, please follow the link below and click on the "Senior Manager, Market Engagement - Financing Programs " position. Please submit a resume and cover letter to be considered for this position.