SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER POSITION SUMMARY
The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for the architecting, coding, design and construction of application components and diagnosis of application problems. This role shares the responsibility of mentoring and collaborating with the other technical professionals.
This individual will apply proven communication skills, problem-solving skills, and knowledge of best practices to guide the software engineering and quality assurance team on issues related to the design, development, and secure deployment of mission-critical information and software systems in a Private and Public Cloud hybrid environment. This individual serves as one of the firm’s senior software architects and has a significant responsibility for the timely, effective, and quality of major enterprise-level software development and integration efforts using continuous integration/continuous deployments and DevOps methodologies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with business analysts to understand and refine requirements.
- Work with business analysts and software engineers on staff to architect solutions for application requirements
- Analyze and document detailed requirements for application components.
- Code application components.
- Analyze and diagnose application problems.
- Design DevOps pipelines and deployment schemes for applications
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Thorough knowledge of software development as normally acquired through technical training, post-secondary education, or the equivalent experience.
- 5+ years’ experience in software development, preferably in the professional services industry.
- Strong knowledge of web application and microservice deployment mechanisms
- Preferred knowledge of Kubernetes deployments and management
- Preferred knowledge of GraphQL APIs, particularly when using apollo federation
- Ability to identify and analyze issues and problems and to architect solutions.
- Ability to work well within a team-oriented environment and contribute to effective team relationships.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to maintain effective relationships with partners, attorneys, clients, and staff, in person and via telephone. Interpersonal and strong written and oral communications skills with both technical and non-technical personal and excellent platform speaking skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints.
- Ability to change and adapt to current and future responsibilities and circumstances.
- Ability to mentor and collaborate with staff in various positions and geographic locations.