Communications Strategy Group (CSG®), a strategic communications and marketing agency, is seeking candidates to spearhead the growth of our burgeoning sustainability & renewable energy industry group.
- 4-6 years of experience in PR/media relations, strategic communications, and/or marketing; agency experience preferred
- 2+ years of experience within the sustainability & renewable energy industry
- Demonstrate an ability to manage a portfolio of clients and lead client accounts
- Have a history of securing impactful media coverage on behalf of clients
- Ability to work confidently and independently in a fast-paced environment with an understanding of how to delegate and manage up as needed
- Accountability and a confident presence with keen problem-solving skills and a positive attitude
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Effective presentation skills, particularly related to communications plans (skills related to concepts and digital approaches is a plus)
- Strong organizational and project management skills; experience working in a project management system (e.g., Asana, Basecamp, WorkFront, etc.) a plus
- A passion for finding creative solutions for clients’ problems, requests and opportunities
- Curiosity to learn and stay on top of industry and client vertical trends and best practices
To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter explaining your previous experience and why you want to join the CSG team. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed or considered.
Detailed roles and responsibilities:
Senior associates ensure executional excellence for their clients and their primary responsibility is for leadership and management of their assigned accounts. They serve as key point of contact in client relationships in coordination with CSG’s creative Studio and digital Innovation teams.
To be successful, you’ll need to thrive in a fast-paced environment and face each day with a willingness to jump feet first into whatever comes across your path. Whether you’re developing impactful communications strategies, crafting compelling story angles and pitching media, managing client relationships, managing a small team, coordinating projects and timelines with the Studio and Innovation teams, or immersing yourself in the latest and greatest marketing strategies or industry-focused trade publications, you’ll be a critical part of our commitment to purposeful solutions that solve our clients’ business problems.
Strategy and implementation
- Serves as a trusted partner for multiple high-impact clients within the sustainability & renewable energy industry
- Leads strategy discussions and brainstorms and applies strategic marketing communications solutions to help clients solve problems and activate opportunities
- Builds and executes strategic marketing, digital and PR plans designed to contribute to long-term success for client businesses
- Reviews, references and understands tracking and reporting on ROI for clients based on specific client goals/objectives (e.g., media placements or paid digital engagements) that may inform directional shifts, when necessary
Client and project management
- Responsible for relationship building and account planning with assigned clients
- Skilled at understanding client objectives, expectations, and timelines, and managing work accordingly
- Accurately scopes client projects and manages client scope of work and budgets
- Collaborates with sustainability & renewable energy team members to prioritize and delegate work, and with cross-functional teams to plan client project strategy and logistics
- Provides effective direction to cross-functional teams to ensure that implementation aligns with strategy (e.g., vision for final deliverable, voice and tone, goal of deliverable)
- Builds realistic timelines and manages deadlines both internally with CSG teams and externally with clients
- Ensures all projects meet expectations (time, quality, deadlines, strategy alignment)
- Manages a small team of industry strategists to grow the long-term potential of the industry portfolio
- Collaborates with coach and direct reports on professional development and growth opportunities
Salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with experience. CSG provides a generous benefits package that includes: unlimited vacation, 401(k) match, paid and subsidized insurance, including medical, dental, and vision, recognition and rewards programs, business casual environment, central Cherry Creek office location in Denver, CO, monthly team lunches, and more.