- Typical office equipment: PC, telephone, radios, fax machine, calculator, scanner and copier.
- Production machinery and operating equipment, including computers to manage the production process.
- Use of computer for entering data into electronic data system and control operating equipment.
- Use of occupational health and safety testing equipment (e.g., air monitors) in compliance with OSHA
- Use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required.
- Continuous 24/7 plant operation with 12 Hour Straight Shift (Nights), as well as off-shift call-in requirements when needed. Regular exposure to a variety of temperatures and prevailing weather conditions; regular exposure to gases, vapors, dust, odors and flammable liquids; occasional exposure to areas with wet floors and high volume of noise. Heavy lifting of manufacturing materials and products is required. Position will require regular stair climbing and extended periods of walking and standing in order to access and occasionally work in remote areas of the plant, heights and confined spaces. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be worn in compliance with Company standards and government regulations. Extensions of regular working hours are occasionally necessary to complete time-sensitive projects, attend training or to respond to emergencies.
- This position directs the work of shift of approximately eight or more production employees within the Receiving, Loadout, Extraction and Biodiesel/Boiler areas. Has the authority to recommend hiring, firing, & discipline of employees as well as supervise, manage, & direct work.
- Ensures the safe and efficient operation of the plant during assigned twelve-hour shift. Directs the work of operational staff to meet daily production and material handling goals. Communicates job expectations to production employees. Holds production staff accountable for personal productivity, safety, attendance and general rules of conduct and administers discipline as necessary. Manages communications to and from Superintendents relating to the daily operations of the facility. Investigates and resolves any plant issues that may arise during shift. Initiates plant start-ups and shut-downs as needed.
Safety, Health & Environmental Responsibilities
- Maintains good working knowledge of SHE policies, rules and procedures applicable to area of responsibility and ensures all applicable requirements are adhered to. Ensures employees are provided required training for area and jobs and tasks prior to assigning work. Ensures area of responsibility is maintained in orderly and safe manner. Promptly reports unsafe working conditions to management and communicates potential hazards to affected employees. Promptly reports all incidents to management and conducts incident investigation as soon as practicable; no later than 24 hours from time of incident.
What We Offer
We provide a dynamic and stimulating international environment, which will stretch and develop your abilities and channel your skills and expertise with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
- Comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental and vision care coverage, flexible spending account plans, employee assistance program, life insurance and disability coverage
- 401k with Company Match
- Family Friendly Benefits including childbirth and parental leave, fertility and family building benefits
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Paid Holidays
- Hybrid work available (not applicable to all roles)
Diversity & Inclusion
LDC is driven by a set of shared values and high ethical standards, with diversity and inclusion being part of our DNA. LDC is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity, equity and inclusion.
LDC encourages diversity, supports local communities and environmental initiatives. We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply.
Equal employment opportunity (EEO)
Louis Dreyfus Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.”
Sustainable value is at the heart of our purpose as a company.
We are passionate about creating fair and sustainable value, both for our business and for other value chain stakeholders: our people, our business partners, the communities we touch and the environment around us