28800 Ida St Valley Nebraska 68064-8016
We’re Here to Move the World Forward.
Valmont impacts millions of people around the world every day, yet they might not realize the many ways. Our technology is helping feed the growing population, supplying the world with more reliable energy and access to renewables, enhancing connectivity in remote and urban locations to create a sustainable future and so much more. Simply put, Valmont is advancing agricultural productivity and reimagining vital infrastructure to make life better.
Join a Fortune 1000 company that respects hard work, honors diversity and invests in our employees as we focus on creating the world of tomorrow, today. We are the modern workforce.
Start at $22/hr
Available Shifts: 1st
Schedule: Mon-Fri 7am-3pm
How you will contribute
Valmont is currently seeking a highly motivated and talented individual for the outside Shipper A position in our Global ESS Division Shipping Department. We are looking for a highly driven individual that will prepare company products for shipment. Additionally, you will…
- Ensure the customer receives quality products by watching the finish or coating while the product is loaded
- Work with a team of three to four other employees to ensure the correct products are packed and shipped
- Maintain and operate packing and shipping equipment in a safe and secure manner
- Wear required personal protective equipment and follow facility safety regulations
- Maintain a safe and productive working environment
What it takes
- The ability to work with wood and small hand tools such as tape measures, saws, drills, riveters, and nail guns
- The ability to operate overhead cranes and/or forklifts
- The ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide, read, write, and count
- The ability to read and work with prints, drawings and work documents
- The ability to accurately take measurements using close tolerance measuring instruments
Highly qualified candidates will also possess:
- One year of previous experience in large material shipping or construction work environment
- One year of previous experience working in a manufacturing environment
- The ability to identify below standard products and rectify the production issue
- The ability to communicate and interact with coworkers in a positive manner
- The ability to pay attention to detail and follow work instructions
- Must have a high awareness for safety at all times
- Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
Valmont offers employees and their families a comprehensive Total Well-being benefit package to ensure their individual and family's overall wellness needs are met.
Medical, dental and vision insurance
Paid time off
Employer paid life insurance
Employer paid short-term and long-term disability
Employee assistance programs
Voluntary programs like tobacco cessation, Type 2 diabetes reversal, mortgage services, home & auto insurance, health coaching and more.
*Due to the nature of Valmont's Global Business and Union contracts, not all benefits are the same.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.