Sky Climber Renewables is the nation’s #1 privately held contractor for utility-scale wind energy projects. With over 700 team members, Sky Climber Renewables makes safe and effective energy service solutions achievable at scale. The world’s leading energy organizations, including Vestas, Siemens Gamesa, GE, Nordex Acciona, Duke Energy, EDF Renewables, Enel, MidAmerican Energy and more, use Sky Climber to service clean energy projects across the country. Founded in 2007, Sky Climber Renewables is a nationwide service provider with operations in U.S. & Canada. Learn more at skyclimberwind.com.
As a Siemens Gamesa Level 5 Certified Wind Turbine Technician, you will be a part of teams delivering high quality, safety-driven services sought to help clients realize optimal power performance on clean energy projects. As part of our field workforce, you’ll be exposed to a broad range of energy services and take on shared responsibilities for crew safety, performance, and service delivery.
You will also collaborate closely with various project representatives and Sky Climber field support functions to ensure we deliver the best possible service experience to our clients.
The Sky Climber team is diverse and distributed across the U.S. & Canada, and collaborates daily over our field communications app(s) and MS Teams.
What you will be doing
- Be a key member of the Sky Climber Renewables field workforce
- Travel 100% on a rotational basis to wind projects throughout the U.S.
- Perform LOTO procedures for Siemens Gamesa wind turbines in support of blade or mechanical/electrical service operations
- Conduct inspections, maintenance and repair of equipment
- Climb a wind turbine vertically at least 300 feet
- Lift and move equipment as needed (up to 50 pounds)
- Follow specific verbal and written instructions to perform multi-brand wind turbine generator and associated equipment assembly, repair, replacement and maintenance
- Effectively prioritize and escalate technical issues to clients and supporting functions
- Operate a motor vehicle safely and legally per the Sky Climber Renewables Employee Handbook and insurance requirements (eg, Valid License, acceptable driving record)
- Be exposed to high and low ambient temperatures while working outdoors
- Perform other daily work requirements as directed by supervisors
*Note: For safety compliance, wind technicians must weigh between 120 and 280 pounds, including clothing, boots and standard personal equipment
What knowledge, skills & training you will bring
- Current Siemens Gamesa Maintenance Certification – Siemens and/or Gamesa Geared
- GWO (BST, BTT, ART) Certifications
- Twelve (12) months of wind industry technical experience preferred
- Understanding of basic AC/DC circuits
- Ability to verify basic electrical connections and schematics
- Willingness to follow OSHA, client and company policies at all times
- A professional appearance and positive attitude
- Behavior demonstrating integrity and respect for fellow employees, clients and communities
- Willingness and ability to work cooperatively or independently
- Proactive communication (up and down)
- Ability to produce reports, work order documents, and records, written neatly, legibly and completed correctly
- Ability to work in a high-volume, multi-priority environments
- Knowledge and basic skills operating various hand and power tools
- Willingness and ability to work indoors or outdoors in adverse weather conditions, including blowing pollen, dust, and grasses
- Ability to pass background check(s) and drug screening
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As an international organization, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Sky Climber is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life.
We strive to have parity of compensation and benefits, and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here
- Recognition and incentives for your contributions
- Comprehensive health coverage for you and your family
- Retirement benefits and planning support
- Generous paid-time-off (PTO) that grows with your tenure
- Ability to craft your career pathway according to your goals
- Access to continuous training and career development
The typical starting salary range for this position is: $23.50 - $32.50 (USD) Per Hour
Sky Climber Renewables believes in strength through diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.