The Site Surveyor is a critical role as we continue to expand Dandelion’s installation capacity. This role is responsible for conducting technical surveys of homes and recording the site-specific data our design team requires in order to perform the heating and cooling load calculations used in system design. Home Surveyors will also assess and document installation feasibility, existing electric service, existing duct conditions, well-drilling locations, basement access, and any other site specific requirements that arise.
Site Surveyors are the first in-person contact with our customers and are expected to provide an exceptional customer experience. Site Surveyors are expected to work collaboratively with the sales and design team, as well as work independently in the field with minimal oversight. Site Surveyors are expected to deliver information and solutions quickly, adapt to changing business needs, and demonstrate a positive, growth oriented mindset. This position will report to the Surveyor Manager.
- Complete internal scan of property to generate a virtual walk through of the property
- Learn drill rig specifications and limitations; types of equipment that will be used during the excavation process.
- Identify all critical building components of the home including the thermal envelope, mechanical equipment, duct conditions, electrical capacity, structural components, bore hole locations, drill rig access and other items as needed for design
- Identify and document potential red flags or hazards
- Upload data files and site photos using our proprietary software tools in a timely fashion
- Respond to questions from Dandelion’s sales, design, and installation teams
- Manage and follow a preset job schedule
- Possess knowledge of Dandelions design and installation process and effectively communicate the next steps with our customers
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Understanding of typical home building assemblies and insulation types
- At times, ability to access tight physical spaces (i.e crawl space in a house)
- Must have a strong attention to detail, are process oriented and goal driven
- Knowledge of different technologies and platforms
- Experience with ductwork and duct sizing preferred
- Sales and/or installation field experience in HVAC, Solar, or Home Inspection (1-3 years)
- Familiarity with vertical drilling process and equipment and residential electrical service equipment
- Experience in rapid pace work environment with competing priorities preferred
- Experience with industry best practices in HVAC system sizing and design (Manuals J/S/D) preferred
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance
- 401k plan
- Stock/Equity options
- Paid Sick and Vacation time (PTO)
- 40-hour workweek, overtime available
- Training support including on-the-job and virtual/online-based courses
You’ll love working at Dandelion because:
We’re solving the world’s hardest problems. You’ll have the opportunity to pioneer renewable heating and cooling from the ground-up (literally). There’s no established playbook for fighting climate change, so your work will be messy, challenging, and build a better, cleaner world.
We’re good people. It sounds simple, and it is. We are passionate, vision-driven, low-ego, and treat one another with kindness and respect. We challenge ideas here, not people.
We hold each other accountable. We celebrate our wins and learn from our losses. We’re honest, realistic, and transparent across all areas of the business, every day -- not just at our monthly all-hands meeting.
Since spinning out of Google X in 2017, Dandelion Energy has been an energy innovation company working to electrify home heating. We create and install geothermal heat pumps to replace fossil-fueled furnaces and boilers. We’ve grown into an organization of over 100 employees and have become the largest residential geothermal heat pump installation company in the United States. Our carbon impact to date is the equivalent to taking over 25,000 cars off the road... and that impact is accelerating with our growth!
Our cross-disciplinary team consists of experts in geothermal, drilling, heat pump software engineering, HVAC installation, solar and solar financing, behavioral economics, and high-growth operations amongst other backgrounds. With the potential to catalyze and scale a widespread transition to sustainable and affordable heating and cooling, our work is both complex yet rewarding. We are working to create a wholesale shift in how people heat and cool their homes — join us!