Quest Global is an organization at the forefront of innovation and one of the world’s fastest growing engineering services firms with deep domain knowledge and recognized expertise in the top OEMs across seven industries. We are a twenty-five-year-old company on a journey to becoming a centenary one, driven by aspiration, hunger and humility.
We are looking for humble geniuses, who believe that engineering has the potential to make the impossible, possible; innovators, who are not only inspired by technology and innovation, but also perpetually driven to design, develop, and test as a trusted partner for Fortune 500 customers.
As a team of remarkably diverse engineers, we recognize that what we are really engineering is a brighter future for us all. If you want to contribute to meaningful work and be part of an organization that truly believes when you win, we all win, and when you fail, we all learn, then we’re eager to hear from you.
The achievers and courageous challenge-crushers we seek, have the following characteristics and skills:
Role and Responsibilities
- Accountable for developing and leading a team of 10-15 engineers to deliver Finite Element Modeling and structural calculations as per customer requirements.
- Understand customer requirements execute POCs, and develop best practices, especially for the wind turbine blade team.
- Front face customer to create SOW, establish progress review meeting and technical clarification, and seek deliverable feedback and approval.
- Deliver analysis results on time within schedule with expected quality
- Resolve convergence issues for team members.
- Develop strong relationships with functional leads in the customer organization and recommend design solutions based on FEA results.
- Contribute to cost reduction and improve quality through standardization, modularization and process efficiency improvements
- Promote knowledge sharing, train new employees & contribute to team competency building
- Establish the practice of knowledge-sharing, competency development, and individual development plan.
- Conduct one on one sessions regularly to provide constructive feedback to team members and also open to filling self-gaps through 360-degree feedback.
- Establish fun at work through employee engagement activities
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Postgraduate in Mechanical / Aerospace / Structural Engineering or similar with 10-15 years of experience in FEA
- Expert in solving linear/non-linear, contact in ANSYS classic is a must.
- Candidate should be proficient in hand calculations and good with engineering fundamentals.
- Good experience in writing Analysis reports is a must.
- Experience in performing fatigue life assessments bolted joint design, and analysis is added advantage.
- Experience in composite products especially on wind turbine blades is preferred.
- Experience in other FEA tools will be added advantage but not a mandate.
- Experience in leading the team with delivery ownership is a must.
- Experience in building proposals, hiring, participating in sales campaigns, and cost out/innovation champion is good to have.
- Strong interpersonal skills, experience working with international customers, and collaboration with cross-functional teams are a must.