Responsibilities for this position include creating the ongoing success of FSM’s client partners in social media platforms and email marketing. More specifically, the role is responsible for overseeing the development and implementation of social and email marketing strategies, focusing on organic social media marketing, email marketing, and is a contributor to the success of paid social media. Embracing FSM’s core values, the ideal Social Media Content Strategist candidate for FSM understands social strategy, audience marketing, research and analysis, content creation, best practices for content performance, and reporting/analysis.
FSM’s ideal Social Media Content Strategist must have:
- An interest in people AND social media: All users are presented with content across social platforms - you are driven by a desire to know what an audience is interacting with and how to engage them further.
- You have to know why: It’s more than what happened - you need to understand why.
- Passion about helping businesses, schools, and nonprofits grow: You realize that businesses, schools, and nonprofits are the backbones of any community, and you are passionate about doing what it takes to help them thrive!
- Responsible for research, strategy, and all client-facing deliverables.
- Responsible for analyzing, reporting, and optimizing the performance of all efforts.
- Responsible for understanding, strategizing for, and growing social media and email audiences.
- Translate strategic analysis and recommendations into action and positive results.
- Ensure quality of content creation - it is on-message and built to the FSM standard.
- Research, develop, execute, and measure content initiatives on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and other strategic/audience-relevant social platforms to create measurably effective social media content strategies.
- Social media channel mastery (Facebook, Instagram, Threads, Twitter, LinkedIn, TikTok, etc.).
- Research, develop, execute, measure, and optimize email marketing initiatives.
- Continually review and optimize social media content through A/B testing, content management, on-platform data, on-site data, testing/analysis, and other advanced strategies to ensure alignment and a positive impact on strategic business goals.
- Maintain high levels of best practices and strategies in successfully managing social media platforms and tools across the team.
- Management of overall social media work done by the FSM team - including changes, updates, and improvements to ongoing efforts.
- Participate and present in client-facing meetings during planning and development.
- Responsible for being FSM’s subject-matter expert on social media.
Measure: Effectiveness of strategies, audience growth, content performance.
- Ability to understand what an audience needs and deliver it in a creative, fun, memorable way.
- Capacity for an analytical mindset, possessing the ability to evaluate data, interpret results, and turn results into successful ideas.
- Success executing complex, large-scale strategies on relevant social media platforms.
- Management of client persona and audience across social media platforms.
- Ability to create and manage social media content.
- Ability to plan effective social media content calendars and promote content.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Marketing communications experience is preferred.
- Ability to present data, ideas, strategy, and research to internal and external teams.
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team.
- Ability to provide effective feedback - internally and externally - and push performance toward reaching client performance goals.
- Client-first, service mentality.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, business, English, or related field.
- 3-4 years of experience in social media content creation or community management.
Full Spectrum Marketing provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.