Volunteer: Social Media Manager
Join the We Vote Movement
We Vote has an open volunteering position for a social media manager (~2 hours per week) who wants to use their existing skills and learn new skills to help strengthen American Democracy.
We Vote is a nonpartisan get-out-the-vote nonprofit startup, and a celebrated Fast Forward nonprofit technology grantee. We Vote is a movement of over 60 passionate volunteers (starting with the founders) who are building open source mobile technologies that touch and mobilize millions of voters on Election Day. We believe that many voters are busy, distracted, and impatient. We have a goal of providing a complete voting experience in 8 minutes, including the download of our app ("We Vote Ballot Guide, @WeVote"). More information is at https://WeVote.US. See Twitter @WeVote.
What You’ll Do.
- Work with our 15+ person marketing team, including graphic artists, writers, videographers and political data managers
- Draft and schedule (in Hootsuite) Tweets, Instagram posts, and Facebook posts related to voting
- Work within We Vote content guidelines, leverage our existing assets (Canva) and create new assets
Who you are: Must haves.
- At least 1-2 hours each week during our core team hours M-F 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- You want to work with an established and successful team. You are committed to strengthening American Democracy.
- You are striving for personal excellence.
- A willingness to work with and support other volunteers
- If you have more than 2 hours to volunteer each week, there are other ways you can get involved related to marketing and social media.
- Produce TikTok, YouTube or Instagram short videos
- You are in agreement with We Vote’s Core Values.
What You’ll Gain
You will have the opportunity to touch the lives of millions of Americans, and be part of a movement and product that will receive national attention. You’ll gain an opportunity to grow within the We Vote movement and meet other volunteers who are like minded and interested in building a valuable application to empower voters across the United States. You’ll also gain valuable technical skills, have opportunities for leadership development, and expand your personal and professional network.