The Software Application Engineer provides solution-oriented technical and commercial support to customers. Primary responsibilities include installation and training of Renishaw machine tool PC based software products at customer facilities. The individual is responsible for understanding customer needs and developing application solutions. Role requires interfacing with customers servicing a variety of industries. Internally, the role requires interfacing with Customer Service, Marketing and National Sales. Individual will be involved with generation of quotes and presentations along with supporting trade shows. The work involves extensive travel throughout the U.S. and occasional international travel.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform Develop hardware/software solutions based on customer requirements.
- Install and support the application of Renishaw’s PC based software for products.
- Conduct training on Renishaw Machine Tool Software Products at customer sites.
- Conduct product training for Renishaw staff.
- Provide technical support for sales and marketing.
- Work closely with software vendors and Renishaw’s UK product development teams.
- Assist with introduction of new products.
- Setup and attend trade shows.
- Help develop a marketing plan to sell Renishaw software in North America.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
Education and Experience: Minimum
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Engineer Technology equivalent, or experience equivalent.
- Ability to understand and comprehend engineering principles
- Understanding of electronic and mechanical principles
- Strong trouble shooting skills
- Understanding of engineering drawing and GD&T(Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing)
- Information Technology aptitude
- Strong mathematical skills i.e. Trigonometry
- Possess knowledge of CNC machine tools
- This position may require the use of, and access to, ITAR controlled data. The applicant must demonstrate eligibility to use and access such ITAR controlled data. The purpose of this requirement is to ensure compliance with U.S. export control laws.
Education and Experience: Preferred
- Computer networking experience
- Programming experience in at least one advanced level language, i.e python, C++
- General experience with a variety of CNC machine types and controls
- General knowledge of custom macro / parametric programming
- Knowledge and experience in programming metrology systems
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities, Competencies
- Must be comfortable operating and programming CNC equipment and working in a manufacturing environment.
- Work with minimal supervision, independently and as part of a team
- Ability to comprehend and produce technical documentation and presentations
- Identification of problems and trouble-shooting of technical systems
- Manual dexterity with the physical ability to install products in a normal production environment
- Interpersonal skills
- Be organized and capable of scheduling work, setting priorities, and coordinating with customers
- Microsoft product knowledge
Equal opportunity employer. This company considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. Affirmative action employer of minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Renishaw offers a competitive, comprehensive benefits package for employees including health, dental and vision benefits, a 401K plan with company match, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, vacation and personal time, paid company holidays and an employee assistance program.
Time Type:Full time
Requisition Number:R5582 Software Applications Engineer (Open)
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at Renishaw, or if you require reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call 847-286-9953 or contact us at Americas.Workday@renishaw.com.