ITC is a Woman Owned Small Business delivering exceptional consultation to the U.S. Government in Systems/Software Engineering, Cybersecurity Solutions, Mission Operations/INTEL Analysis, and Management Services in order to enable our customers to solve the most challenging problems. With continued growth comes opportunity, and we are currently searching for a Top-Secret SCI with polygraph-cleared Software Engineer.
As a Software Engineer 2 you will serve on an agile team, performing full-stack development in support of our client. The Software Engineer will be supporting a high-visibility application with cross-organizational impact. The candidate for this position will need to support full feature development, to include ingestion of new data sources, visualization of complex data sets, integration with other services across the enterprise, and a variety of enhancements to user-facing features of the application, just to name a few. It is critical that the candidate has the requisite skills as they will be expected to spin-up and engage with their team rather quickly, as well as evolve into a technical leadership role within the effort.
The candidate should also have the standard SWE development, testing, and debugging skills with familiarity of the Linux environment, agile development, CI/CD testing, source version control, and the Atlassian suite of products (i.e. Jira and Confluence).
- Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements
- Debug existing software and correct defects
- Provide recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
- Design and code new software or modify existing software to add new features
- Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments
- Develop simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories
- Write or review software and system documentation
- Serve as team lead at the level appropriate to the software development process being used on any particular project
- Design or implement complex database or data repository interfaces/queries
- Develop or implement algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards
- Assist with developing and executing test procedures for software components
- Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, confer with users or system engineers; analyze systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigate problem areas
- Designand code new software or modify existing software to add new features mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design
- Design or implement complex algorithms requiring adherence to strict timing, system resource, or interface constraints; Perform quality control on team products
- Implement recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
- Oversee one or more software development teams and ensure the work is completed in accordance with the constraints of the software development process being used on any particular project
- Confer with system engineers and hardware engineers to derive software requirements and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces
- Coordinate software system installation and monitor equipment functioning to ensure operational specifications are met
- Recommend new technologies and processes for complex software projects
- Serve as the technical lead of multiple software development teams
- Select the software development process in coordination with the customer and system engineering
- Ensure quality control of all developed and modified software
- Delegate programming and testing responsibilities to one or more teams and monitor their performance
- TS/SCI with FS Polygraph
- Fourteen (14) years’ experience as a SWE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional SWE experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- Experience developing enterprise applications in Java
- Experience developing microservices
- Experience developing SpringBoot applications
- Experience with UI development
- Experience with CM ( familiarity with Git/Gradle)
- Experience with Linux-based development and system administration
- Experience writing code, debugging/testing programs (to include Unit and Component testing, CI/CD), and ensuring that programs meet technical requirements
- Familiarity with Elastic Stack
- Familiarity with MongoDB
- Familiarity with Groovy
- Familiarity with Java Message Service (JMS) API and messaging brokers like ActiveMQ
- Experience with the Atlassian suite of software development and management products (Confluence and Jira)
ITC is an Equal Opportunity employer. Qualified applicants or employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy (including childbirth or related condition) citizenship, familial status, mental or physical disability status, veteran status, genetic information, other non-disqualifying disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.