Would you love to work for a fast-growing company with amazing perks and benefits including educational and professional development and a great Work-Life balance? Then Forward Slope wants you to join our team! We are a fast-paced global engineering company with a great reputation in the Department of Defense industry for over 20 years.
Forward Slope, Inc. has an exciting opportunity for a Software Engineer III. This is a full-time position located in San Diego, California with a hybrid schedule option under our Enterprise Solutions portfolio. Ideal candidate for this position will be required to be onsite in San Diego, as needed.
This position has the option to work a 9/80 schedule, which is a compressed work schedule, with alternate Fridays off.
Forward Slope, Inc. is seeking an enthusiastic Software Engineer III to provide software development and sustainment of web applications for the Department of Defense (DoD). Day-to-day efforts include working with highly talented professionals and subject matter experts to support mission-critical software systems that provide US Navy warfighters with the tools and resources for successfully planning and executing missions.
This is a full-time position under our Enterprise Solutions portfolio.
- Currently hold an active SECRET clearance or be able to obtain one
- 5+ years of demonstrated full-stack software development experience with:
- Object-oriented programming (i.e., C#, Java)
- UI development with modern web technologies (i.e., Node.js, Angular, React)
- RDBMS database design (i.e., Oracle DB, MS SQL Server, PostgreSQL)
- Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and web services (i.e., REST, AJAX, JSON)
- Application hosting (i.e., IIS, Tomcat, Apache)
- Source Code Management (i.e., Git)
- Experience with Agile software development
- Experience with enterprise software architecture
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or physics
- Software engineering experience with:
- CI/CD automation tools (i.e., Azure DevOps Pipelines, Jenkins, Tekton)
- Automated testing (i.e., Cypress, Selenium)
- Static Application Security Testing (i.e., SonarQube, Coverity)
- CompTIA Security+ Certification
*Base Salary Range: $118,000 - $155,000
Job Type: Full-Time Salary
Why Join Forward Slope?
- Telework option available (work from home, yay!)
- Flexible working hours based on job needs
- Great and fun work culture
- Amazing benefits package for full time employees (including 90% employer contribution for employee medical benefits)
- 3 weeks of PTO a year
- 10 paid company holidays a year
- Team Building - Continuous appreciation events for our employees
- Education and Professional Development – programs to help you with your educational and professional growth!
- Free coffee/snacks and occasional free food and so much more!
Forward Slope is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disable
*The listed pay scale reflects the broad, minimum to maximum, pay scale for this position for the location for which it has been posted and is not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Other compensation considerations may include, but are not limited to, job responsibilities, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, or other applicable factors.