Quest Global is an organization at the forefront of innovation and one of the world’s fastest growing engineering services firms with deep domain knowledge and recognized expertise in the top OEMs across seven industries. We are a twenty-five-year-old company on a journey to becoming a centenary one, driven by aspiration, hunger and humility.
We are looking for humble geniuses, who believe that engineering has the potential to make the impossible, possible; innovators, who are not only inspired by technology and innovation, but also perpetually driven to design, develop, and test as a trusted partner for Fortune 500 customers.
As a team of remarkably diverse engineers, we recognize that what we are really engineering is a brighter future for us all. If you want to contribute to meaningful work and be part of an organization that truly believes when you win, we all win, and when you fail, we all learn, then we’re eager to hear from you.
The achievers and courageous challenge-crushers we seek, have the following characteristics and skills.
Position Role Type: Software Quality Engineer to join our team. The position will be located at the Jamestown, ND facility. The candidate should have a background in software development life cycle process including software planning, design, implementation, verification, validation, acceptance, and delivery. The candidate will audit and review the software life cycle process for Cargo systems to ensure compliance with related customer and/or regulatory specifications. In addition to ensuring compliance, the quality engineer will be responsible for maintaining awareness of customer or industry best practice, institutionalizing best practice by driving process robustness and maturity and mentoring less experienced engineers.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Define software quality assurance requirements and implement compliance processes to ensure software product quality.
- Support program reviews such as Software Requirements Reviews, Preliminary Design Review, Critical Design Review, Test Readiness Review, etc.
- Review and approve software life cycle data including requirements, design, test cases, etc.
- Ensure software development to RTCA/DO-178 standard.
- Interact with customers and engineers to ensure the product compliance.
- Develop software audit plans and conducting process and product audits.
- Review Risk and Opportunity data to lead projects to eliminate risks and/or realize opportunities.
- Drive continuous improvement of system and software engineering business procedures Mentoring.
- Participate in Collins Aerospace Communities of Practice to maintain awareness of best practice.
Physical Requirements & Work Environment:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Math, Computer Science or other related technical field.
- Minimum of 8-10 years SW Engineering, SW Testing, or equivalent SW lifecycle experience.
- Experience with RTCA/DO-178, ARP4754A, RTCA/DO-254, and RTCA/DO-331.
- Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Action expertise.
- Six-Sigma Principal Specialist or Expert.
- Experience in multiple phases of the program / product life cycle.
- American Society for Quality (ASQ) Certification or Six-Sigma Black Belt.
- Prior Quality Engineering experience.
- Travel domestically or internationally up to 10%.
- Mostly Office Environments, Occasional Shop Floor involvement.
- Substantial amounts of telephone and computer work.
- Heavily Regulated Industries with strict adherence to procedures.
- Flexibility to meet business deadlines by staying late or arriving early.
- / General shift: 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
- Ability to use personal transportation to visit customer locations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.