A&R Solar is a leading solar installer in the Pacific Northwest, bringing together passionate, talented people who want to do the right thing for our customers and the environment. With industry firsts like B-Corporation status, charitable solar programs, and our 10-year performance guarantee, we believe that investment in our staff and our communities is the new standard. Be a part of a fun team that is committed to the growth of all employees.
The Field Operations Manager is responsible for leading and developing the people and processes for the installation team. They oversee the development and performance of each installer to form a safe, quality driven, & efficient team. They work cross functionally between installation teams and other depts, generating good morale and highly effective working relationships. The Field Operations Manager, proactively communicates to ensure feedback is delivered to and from the installation team to promote positive improvement & best practices. Will work in conjunction with the Safety & Training Manager to support one another and crew.
- Organize & lead weekly installation team meetings for updates & best practices
- Conduct frequent one on one meetings and semi-annual assessments for installers
- Review installation team member’s qualitative and quantitative performance, provide regular feedback along with appropriate praise
- Ensure employee records & updates are tracked via HR Software
- Track & update proficiency tiers and coordinate compensation changes for installers
- Review and approve PTO requests from installers in conjunction with project team
- Manage and report out crew makeups to installers and project team in collaboration with Safety & Training Manager
- Proposes & assists in installation capacity planning and operations strategy
- Manage new installer recruiting and hiring process
- Oversee new installer onboarding process with support from Safety & Training Manager
- Manage purchasing and assignment of tools & equipment for new installers
- Ensure company policies are understood and practiced by Install team
- Foster an environment of open communication and continuous learning across install teams
- Conduct weekly site visits for feedback and quality assurance
INSTALLATION PERFORMANCE & PROCESS
- Work with crews to optimize performance of each member, both on and off jobsite
- Identify areas for improvement and take measures to ensure that appropriate training is being developed and implemented
- Ensure Install feedback is reviewed and addressed in a timely manner for possible improvements or mutual understanding
- Foster environment of sharing best practices and experience to improve team knowledge and preparedness
- Review, improve, and develop installation and project delivery processes
- Find opportunities to standardize & document installation methods and means
- Work closely with other departments to find efficiencies and reduce constraints
- Identify cost-saving opportunities without compromising quality
TRAINING, CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSING
- Support & collaborate with Safety & Training Manager on training development and implementation
- Develop and train leaders to represent each installation crew
- Monitor and ensure all Licenses and Certifications remain current and active
- Assist electrical trainees with hour tracking, CEUs, and test prep resources
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and best practices in solar panel installation techniques.
- Provide technical guidance and troubleshooting support to installation technicians.
TEAM BUILDING & CULTURE
- Promote and encourage practice of company values & guiding principles
- Promote leadership and team building throughout install team
- Identify opportunities for career advancement and create succession plans for key positions.
- Construction experience
- Field personnel management experience
- Experience in talent aquisition
- Highly organized and self-motivated individual
- Able to hold others accountable for their practices in safety and installation quality
- Management and leadership skills to train, develop, and coach a highly effective team of field supervisors and field personnel
- Demonstrated commitment to professionalism, integrity, and sound judgment
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to make difficult decisions
- Model behavior exemplifying an eagerness to improve and a continuous learning mindset
- Solar experience
- Experience in developing or continuing a field training program.
ABOUT A&R SOLAR