The Connecticut Green Bank (hereafter "Green Bank") is seeking a Solar Project Manager to join its growing Financing Programs team.
Green Bank, a quasi-public authority, is the nation's first state-level "Green Bank," leveraging public funds to increase and accelerate private investment in the green economy of Connecticut. Working at the Green Bank means being part of a dynamic team of talented people who are passionate about implementing the green bank model, stimulating the growth and development of clean energy and environmental infrastructure investment in Connecticut, and growing our economy, strengthening our communities, and protecting our environment.
The Financing Programs team is responsible for the Green Bank's clean energy lending programs, including the Solar Marketplace Assistance Program ("Solar MAP"). This position is primarily responsible for managing state and municipal solar power purchase agreement ("PPA") projects through their development cycle, from closing to commercial operation. The Manager will track the project's milestones and drive it toward completion. They will oversee and coordinate contractors for all aspects of the development process including permitting, utility approvals, documentation, tracking, and reviewing designs to identify deviations from original plans. They will represent the project owner to the contractor and others, monitor progress, and generally coordinate with the various parties, including the customer.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
Individual responsibilities may include:
- Working with the Associate Director of Financing Programs to manage closed PPA projects through to completion;
- Supporting Solar MAP from the pre-construction phase of development by:
- Managing oversight of project execution immediately following EPC Agreement execution through engineering, permitting, and utility approvals;
- Creating a milestone tracker that Green Bank staff and project partners can access to see project statuses through the pre-construction phase;
- Creating and tracking project details such as project size, project location, production models and major system components;
- Assisting EPC contractors with gathering site-specific documentation (e.g., structural drawings, roof warranty, etc.);
- Facilitating and attending site visits with contractors and property owners;
- Reviewing and tracking project changes and reasoning, and representing the Green Bank in change order negotiations;
- Attending meetings with EPC contractors, site personnel, and property owners to review final plans, site logistics, and seek approvals to proceed.
- In the construction phase of projects, support project completion by:
- Managing projects following completion of the construction documents and issuance of all necessary approvals;
- Supporting regular project meetings with the contractor, subcontractors, and site representatives to discuss staging and scheduling in order to minimize operational impact to the facility;
- Tracking variances between scheduled and forecasted completion dates and managing any amendments to the EPC Contract or the PPA;
- Coordinating any periodic inspection on the work of the contractor;
- Reviewing contractor's submitted invoices and recommending approvals based on project status and completed milestones.
- Supporting internal and external reports on portfolios of projects;
- Supporting other efforts to bring project opportunities into the Programs;
- Representing the Green Bank in public meetings, conferences, and networking events;
- Serving as a resource to others internally and externally prior to projects closing with regards to best practices;
- Providing ongoing feedback into the evolving program design and guidelines;
- Other duties as necessary.
The overall duties of this position are subject to change based on the skills, qualifications, and experience of the individual hired.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
The following minimum qualifications in knowledge, skill, and ability are required:
- Knowledge of and direct experience with the process of project tracking and management with particular emphasis on customer support, application processing, and/or marketing services in the clean energy or financial services sectors, with a focus on solar preferred;
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Knowledge of utility renewable energy programs, with specific knowledge of Connecticut programs preferred;
- Experience with solar development or construction;
- Experience with solar forecast programs (PVSyst, Helioscope, Aurora) not required but a plus;
- Ability to understand various solar energy-related technologies and financial products, particularly PPA financing (prior knowledge of/experience with these financial products is preferred);
- Strong interpersonal skills involving the ability to work with other parties, at all levels, internally and externally;
- Strong writing skills and the ability to communicate effectively, tactfully, and courteously through oral and written communications;
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently, exercise judgment, think critically and creatively, and take initiative;
- Must be a self-starter and have the ability to prioritize work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment;
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and other software programs as necessary;
- Knowledge of customer relationship management and/or workflow applications, including Salesforce.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
- A Bachelor's degree in environmental science, engineering, economics, business administration, public administration, or other related field and three (3) years of experience in project management ideally with demonstrable ability in a field related to commercial solar PV projects.
- A Master's degree in environmental science, engineering, economics, business administration, public administration, or other related field may be substituted for one (1) additional year of the general experience.
The Green Bank will determine if this position will be filled at the Senior Associate, Associate Manager, or Manager level based on the experience and qualifications of the individual selected. Prospective applicants who meet most, but not all, selection criteria are encouraged to apply for the position.
- This position reports directly to the Associate Director of Financing Programs.
- It is expected that the position will be based in the Green Bank's Hartford or Stamford, CT offices, with opportunities for some remote work.
- Travel to offsite meetings will be required.
- State of CT benefits package, including generous time-off, health insurance covering medical, dental and vision, retirement, tuition reimbursement for continuing education, and paid leave.
- Expected salary ranges from $80,000 - $120,000, but the final salary will be commensurate with experience, skills, and qualifications.
- Frequent communications, verbal and written, both qualitative and quantitative
- Visually or otherwise identify, observe, and assess
- Repetitive use of hands and fingers typing and/or writing
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this position, please follow the link below and click on the "Solar Project Manager " position. Please submit a resume and cover letter to be considered for this position.