We are looking for a Senior Business Analyst to join our data team and drive our internal analytics and reporting. In this role, you will work on supporting and enhancing our data stack, meeting with stakeholders to understand their needs, and building insightful and actionable analytics outputs (e.g. Tableau dashboards, GSheets, apps) that empower business users to make data-backed decisions. You will thrive in this role if you enjoy deploying data to solve practical and complex business and product problems from the ground up. You embrace challenges that don’t always have a clear answer and try to approach problems with a generative “how might we?” mentality rather than a “no, not possible” view. Finally, you enjoy rolling up your sleeves to build just as much as you like interacting with and supporting team members to solve their data challenges.
- Collaborate with data/software team members and business partners (Marketing, Sales, Finance, Operations, R&D) to collect requirements and define successful analytics outcomes
- Support crucial ongoing analysis around sales forecasting, marketing attribution, design throughput, heat pump monitoring, and many more initiatives across the business
- Use best-in-class tools (FiveTran, dbt, HighTouch) to support and enhance our data infrastructure
- Extract and manipulate data from our warehouse (BigQuery) to ensure reliable business reporting
- Design & build analytical data assets and dashboards with a keen eye into how the outputs are used by end users
- 2-5 years of data / analytics experience building, working & maintaining data pipelines & ETL processes in big data environments (experience with dbt is a huge plus)
- Experience working closely with functional teams across organizations like marketing, sales, operations, finance, and/or product
- Experience with data ingestion/integration tools like FiveTran, Stitch, Airbyte, HighTouch
- Strong proficiency writing clean, performant, and scalable SQL across a variety of warehouses; BigQuery experience is a huge plus
- Understanding in modern and classic data modeling - Kimball, etc.
- Strong proficiency with data visualization tools like Tableau, Looker, Power BI
- Strong communication skills, especially in translating technical requirements or nuances amongst non-technical users and advocating for data infrastructure & analytics needs
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance
- 401k plan
- Stock/Equity options
- Unlimited Paid Sick and Vacation time (PTO)
You'll love working at Dandelion because:
We're solving the world's hardest problems. You'll have the opportunity to pioneer renewable heating and cooling from the ground-up (literally). There's no established playbook for fighting climate change, so your work will be messy, challenging, and build a better, cleaner world.
We're good people. It sounds simple, and it is. We are passionate, vision-driven, low-ego, and treat one another with kindness and respect. We challenge ideas here, not people.
We hold each other accountable. We celebrate our wins and learn from our losses. We're honest, realistic, and transparent across all areas of the business, every day -- not just at our monthly all-hands meeting.
Since spinning out of Google X in 2017, Dandelion Energy has been an energy innovation company working to electrify home heating. We create and install geothermal heat pumps to replace fossil-fueled furnaces and boilers. We've grown into an organization of over 100 employees and have become the largest residential geothermal heat pump installation company in the United States. Our carbon impact to date is the equivalent to taking over 25,000 cars off the road... and that impact is accelerating with our growth!
Our cross-disciplinary team consists of experts in geothermal, drilling, heat pump software engineering, HVAC installation, solar and solar financing, behavioral economics, and high-growth operations amongst other backgrounds. With the potential to catalyze and scale a widespread transition to sustainable and affordable heating and cooling, our work is both complex yet rewarding. We are working to create a wholesale shift in how people heat and cool their homes — join us!