Clēnera is the US-based subsidiary of an international renewable energy developer, Enlight Renewable Energy (Nasdaq: ENLT). We look for people who value respectful cross-functional collaboration with partners internally and externally. Our company culture is at the core of everything we do, so you’ll regularly find Caring, Committed, and Courageous individuals throughout the organization. We are on a pursuit to truly change the world through acquiring, developing, building, and managing utility-scale solar farms and energy storage facilities throughout the United States. Clēnera has a current operating portfolio of 1.6 GW and an additional 14 GW in production. Are you ready to change the world with us?
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Sr. Project Engineer is responsible for performing detailed utility-scale solar engineering design and analysis through the lifecycle of the project. You will act as a technical lead for the rest of the Engineering team and partner with senior leadership on critical tasks.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Evaluate, analyze, and recommend equipment to external suppliers and internal Procurement partners based on technical design of the project.
- Review and support the creation of photovoltaic (PV) and energy storage production estimates using commercial software programs, like PVsyst, or in-house models.
- Lead Independent Engineer (IE) due diligence including contract management, reviewing IE reports, IE energy assessments, and providing feedback as needed.
- Serves as the expert on the Engineering team by maintaining current industry knowledge and effectively sharing with team and senior leadership.
- Review and provide technical input for key contracts including interconnection agreements, power purchase agreements, engineering procurement and construction (EPC) agreements.
- Review conceptual system design and site layouts for both PV and energy storage.
- Provide value engineering and analysis of design alternatives based on impact on financial returns for both PV and energy storage.
- Collaborate with individual department, as well as cross-functionally with other departments within the organization.
- Maintain organizational excellence in terms of project timelines and deliverables.
- Demonstrates the Clēnera Core Values of Caring, Committed, and Courageous.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, or related field.
- Experience: Minimum of 7 years of experience in electrical engineering or related.
- Technology: Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, and an ability to learn company-specific software programs, tools, processes, and machines.
- Background as an Independent Engineer working on utility-scale solar projects.
- Ability to learn basic programming skills, especially Python, and basic SQL database queries and management.
- Strong problem solving and analytical abilities.
- Detail-oriented with a high degree of accuracy.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Clēnera pays 100% of employee and dependent premiums for a suite of medical, dental, and vision coverages.
- Hybrid Work Environment
- HSA and FSA Plans Available
- Employee Assistance Program
- Retirement Plan with Employer Match
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary, and AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation and Public Holidays)
- Incentive Pay Plan
*Recruiting agencies, we are not currently accepting unsolicited referrals for this or any open role. We will not pay any fee associated with unsolicited referrals.
At Clēnera, LLC, we’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by state or federal law.