Sr. ROW Agent - Solar - Ohio (Defiance County and Stryker County)
TRC SOLUTIONS INC
Groundbreaker. Game changer. Pioneer.
TRC has long set the bar for clients who require more than just engineering, combining science with the latest technology to devise innovative solutions that stand the test of time. From pipelines to power plants, roadways to reservoirs, schoolyards to security solutions, clients look to TRC for breakthrough thinking backed by the innovative follow-through of an industry leader.
TRC's professionals work with a broad range of commercial, industrial and government clients and the communities they serve. We deliver breakthrough solutions that address local needs -- so our clients can better succeed in an ever-changing world.
Working at TRC means tackling interesting, meaningful projects. We pride ourselves on our collaborative spirit, entrepreneurial zeal and agile corporate structure. We recognize that the expertise of our staff is our strongest asset, so we generously reward employees for successful performance and invest in their careers through training and the development of new skills and certifications.
The Sr. ROW Agent, under the direction of the Lead Agent or ROW Supervisor, possesses an excellent working knowledge of all right of way disciplines; title, permitting, acquisition, documentation. He/she is very knowledgeable about property valuation, survey drawings and alignments sheets.
Location - Stryker County and Defiance County, Ohio
*Solar experience is strongly prefered*
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Assist ROW Supervisor in providing guidance to ROW Agents.
* Secure permission to enter properties from landowners and tenants.
* While maintaining the ROW price policy, negotiate for ROW options, easements, fee interest, and curative documents as directed by the ROW Supervisor or as required by project documents and the acquisition policy. Assist in the development of a construction line from the conditions and/or restrictions placed on the ROW by the landowner and/or tenant.
* Maintain a detailed diary containing the facts of each contact for every property owner and tenant on a project and prepare a detailed weekly activity report.
* Maintain a detailed log of all payments
* Negotiate Damage Settlements as required
* Support all construction activities as required
* Document all ROW activities as required
* Adhere to project Safety Plan
Associates Degree preferred or relevant experience
SR/WA or other IRWA Designation Notary Public
Wind experience is strongly prefered
Experience is required in work related to right of way or real estate services provided to public organizations. Broad knowledge of procedures used to acquire real property interests for public utility/infrastructure projects including condemnation. Knowledgeable with laws and regulations involving real estate transactions and Eminent Domain.
Skills -- Technical:
* Experience as a ROW agent or related ROW position
* Proficient in Microsoft Office products, including spreadsheet and word processing
* Must be detail oriented and have excellent analytical and quantitative skills
* Requires specialized knowledge in the methods and techniques for performing Land Services activities. Must possess competent knowledge and skills in land description and terminology, surface and subsurface rights, ROW document analysis, and have excellent negotiation skills.
* Must be able to work alone, make decisions and use judgment while performing related activities.
* Creativity, foresight and mature judgment to identify and resolve business, technical and administrative related problems with ROW services.
Skills -- Communication:
* Must have strong verbal and written communication skills and be able to communicate clearly and concisely to prepare reports, specifications, applications, and correspond