Supplier Development Engineer
Who we are looking for:
At AGCO, we believe that when our employees succeed, our business succeeds. It’s a people philosophy that we believe and invest in. We make sure all of our employees – in every function, every geography and at every level – have the tools they need to be successful and take charge of their career. Because when our people grow, our business grows. Every day. Every way.
AGCO Corp has an exciting opportunity for a high-impact Supplier Development Engineer to join its Purchasing team in Duluth, GA. Only 30 minutes outside of Atlanta, Duluth is home to AGCO headquarters. The location allows easy access to the big city lifestyle that Atlanta provides. The headquarters have grown to now include over 500 employees. In this position, you will drive the highest level of service and quality to our dealership network.
In Purchasing, we pride ourselves on our pivotal role between all divisions of the company. Our cross-departmental and cross-functional cooperation extends to numerous plants and includes the globally-operating AGCO Corporation. We coordinate future technologies with international suppliers in line with our Forward Sourcing Strategy and shape sustainable relationships along the supply chains. We were awarded the BME Innovation Prize 2020 for our cross-functional value network. Look forward to exciting work, a high level of personal responsibility and genuine team spirit.
What you will do:
- Will support Production Capacity of AGCO suppliers, identifying bottleneck processes and build an action plan together with supplier and Support Team with the goal to achieve enough supply according to AGCO Demand forecast.
- Identify potential Supplier Development opportunities in supply-chain based on data models, supplier audits, purchasing collaboration. Further create cost savings for external sourced components in projects.
- Define, implement, develop and maintain expertise, standardized Lean tools and methodologies for purchasing on a global perspective
- Provide active purchasing negotiation support to global commodity teams in the responsibility area. Prepare and analyze management and performance reports.
- Maintain good manufacturing technology capability overview of the supply chain
What you will bring:
- Industrial engineer (Bachelor) or comparable studies
- Hands on experience on Lean Manufacturing such as Value Stream Mapping (VSM), Capacity Calculations, Standardized Work, Waste Observation & Elimination, Workload Leveling (Yamazumi), SMED, Kaizen, OEE, Takt, Time Knowledge in Theory of Constraints (TOC), Visual management to solve problems,
- Basic manufacturing process knowledge such as castings, forgings, machining, metal fab, plastics, etc.
- Fluent English skills
A plus if you have:
- Hands on experience in Problem Solving Techniques (A3, 8-D, etc.), and various Quality Tools (PFMEA, Control Plan, PPAP, etc.)
- Ideally minimum 5 years of work experience in a Lean or continuous improvement related role, preferably in a global environment
- Good communication and experience in commercial negotiation
- Knowledge in Power Point and Advanced excel
- You enjoy working in multicultural environment and have willingness to travel
Who you are:
- Team worker
- Problem solver
What we offer:
Experience our global diversity and enterprising spirit while helping us create innovative technologies and a positive impact that helps feed the world’s nearly 8 billion people. From the day you decide to join AGCO, we want to engage and excite you and we’re clear on where we want to go as a business and we trust you to help us there. Whether you want to learn a new skill or you aspire to do something different, we can help you develop the skills you need to take your career - and our business - to the next level.
We also invite you to “Make the Most of YOU” - Benefits include: health care and wellness plans, flexible and virtual work options (where available), 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, paid holidays and paid time off, flexible spending accounts, reimbursement for continuing education, company philanthropic programs, company perks programs, and much more…
AGCO is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
AGCO is a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of agricultural engineering with a portfolio of exciting international brands which deliver solutions to farmers in 140 countries through a full line offer from tractors and combine harvesters to protein production systems and smart farming software solutions – to an environment where the future is happening now. Join us as we bring agriculture into the future.