This is a temporary part time position. Tram Drivers operate tram vehicles in a safe and professional manner as outlined in the tram driver training manual with emphasis on customer service and vehicular safety. Tram drivers provide narration for the tour of the Garden grounds, collections, and exhibits.
Additionally, this position supports, through actions and conduct, NYBG’s Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accessibility initiatives and actively helps to build and maintain an inclusive organizational culture throughout the institution.
- Maintenance of vehicle including fueling and cleaning.
- Provide safe transport of passengers through the Garden grounds while providing narrative explanation.
- Observance of both institutional and departmental policies and protocols.
- Conduct all transactions in accordance with policies and procedures set forth by the Visitor Services Department.
- Act as a Visitor Services Attendant and/or perform other duties as needed.
- Must have a valid Driver License for a minimum of one (1) year.
- Ability to work in a variety of weather conditions and to be outdoors, sitting or standing for long periods of time.
- Must have excellent communications skills.
- Must be available to work weekends, weekdays, and holidays.
- Previous customer service experience desired.
- Ability to move 50 lbs.