Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
As a key member of the Chubb Multinational team, you will contribute to the achievement of regional profitability and production results through the growth, development, and underwriting of international property and casualty programs for U.S.-based multinational companies and organizations. In addition, this position is responsible for establishing and cultivating business relationships with brokers, clients, and other relevant spheres of influence within the New York Region to assure the continued flow of new business opportunities while representing all Multinational Property and Casualty segments and products.
*MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:*
*Duties may include but are not limited to:*
* Market and represent all Chubb Multinational segments and business products. Develops and executes on marketing plan for assigned producers and territories
* Negotiates pricing and terms and conditions for large commercial P&C accounts within assigned underwriting authority and company guidelines
* Oversee proper policy issuance and other account agreements execution including foreign policy implementations.
* Binds international and reinsurance coverage, as required
* Evaluates and negotiates carrier and manuscript policy forms with issuance of agreed forms on bound accounts.
* Initiates CAT (EQ, Flood & Wind) modeling and evaluates results
* Understands loss prevention engineering or property conservation reports and interacts with Branch Account Engineer to establish appropriate capacity allocation and attachment points consistent with exposures
* Evaluates Financial Statements for acceptability and verification of the account Statement of Values
* Documents the underwriting files with account review, analysis, and conclusions
* Retain accounts through active book management and commitment to service standards
* 2-5 years underwriting experience
* Experience underwriting P&C, preferably international
* College degree in insurance business, or related fields, or equivalent experience
* Excellent skills with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
* Knowledge of insurance industry
* Understanding of risk management approaches including risk transfer
* Knowledge of underwriting concepts, practices, and procedures
* Internet usage and research
* Detailed understanding of company Financial Statements (Balance Sheet, Income Statement, 10-K, etc.)
* Oral and written communication skills
* Negotiation skills
* Marketing skills
* Leadership skills
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
**Title:** *Underwriter - Multinational *
**Requisition ID:** *355266*