Who We Are
Dudek is a leading environmental, planning, and engineering firm that helps public and private clients achieve compliance, practicality, and innovation through our project work. Founded in 1980, Dudek has grown steadily to more than 800 professionals across the U.S. and received the Top Workplace Award for 2021.
As a 100% employee-owned company, Dudek’s culture rewards smart, productive team members with ownership, professional development, and financial benefits. Our work communities are designed to encourage collaboration, sustainability, and connectivity with the surrounding communities.
We invest in our Employees and communities through various initiatives that make Dudek a great place to work! Dudek makes it a priority to DuGood by giving back to the communities in which we live and work, and offer Dudekians the opportunity to take a paid volunteer day each year. Our experts are encouraged to eDUcate school groups about planning, engineering, and preserving the natural and built environments. We promote environmental sustainability through our DuGreen initiative by working to improve our environmental footprint. We also DuWell to educate our associates on their health and wellness. And our Du Something Fun team brings everyone at Dudek together to balance our hard work with exciting activities.
At Dudek, we understand the best problem solving happens when diverse viewpoints and experiences are shared. We recognize that different perspectives, inclusivity, and trust build a stronger culture and add value to our firm. We celebrate our differences and strive to make meaningful progress toward becoming a more diverse company.
Learn more about our culture.
About The Job
We are seeking an urban forester/arborist with a proven track record of successfully winning and managing projects in Southern California. The ideal candidate should have 5+ years of experience in the urban forestry/ arboriculture field. The position will be based out of the San Diego or Orange County area. The position will support Dudek’s Urban Forestry Group in the continued growth and development of our highly skilled urban forestry/arboriculture team.
Learn more about the projects you will have the opportunity to shape.
Who You Are
To thrive at Dudek, you should be comfortable with freedom and accountability. We value collaborative, resourceful, and independent thinkers. We look for curious, solution-focused people who are able to adapt quickly to an ever-changing industry. There is no single way to solve a problem, so we support your creative approaches to solve problems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and build relationship with new and existing clients
- Project Management
- Complete client project tasks successfully and in a timely manner
- Tree Risk Assessment and Reporting
- Tree health and structural assessments
- Assistance with various aspects of larger urban forestry projects
- Prepare letters, reports, and other documents in support of project submittals.
- Work within a team toward project and group goals.
- Communicate with team members, clients, agencies and other, as needed, to fulfill contract obligations.
- BS in forestry or closely related field or formal training in arboriculture or urban tree management.
- ISA Certified Arborist Credential or ability to obtain within 6- months
- Tree Risk Assessment Qualification or ability to obtain within 6- months
- Pest Control Advisor Credential or ability to obtain given adequate time
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong tree identification and diagnostic skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work loads
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as working unsupervised
- Other skills including technical writing, verbal and written communication, demonstrated leadership, organization, and problem solving will be helpful in this role.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and have active personal automobile liability insurance by first day of employment
- This job operates in a remote or office-based environment and this role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, printers, etc.
- This job requires occasional project site visits-based outdoors which can include excessive noise, uneven walking surfaces, extreme weather, moving vehicles and equipment.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met in order to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- This job requires working on a computer, sitting or standing for long periods of time in an office or remote office setting.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Proposed Salary Range: $95,000-$105,000 annually *
*Final agreed upon compensation will be based on a variety of factors including but not limited to an individual’s related experience, education, certifications, skills, and work location.
Perks of Being a Dudekian
Not only will Dudek provide you with a competitive salary, but we also strive to create an environment that promotes growth, career development, and a flexible work–life balance. Dudek offers an array of benefits, from your typical medical, dental, and vision coverage to the opportunity to share in Dudek’s success through discretionary bonuses, based on firmwide, divisional, and individual performance. We also offer a yearly merit review, an employee stock ownership program, and dog friendly offices! Since we encourage our colleagues to take time off when needed, Dudek also provides a generous vacation package. If you’re tired of an overly structured environment and decision-making process to get your job done, Dudek is a place where your ideas are heard and your initiative is rewarded. Speak with your recruiter to learn more about the great perks of being a Dudekian.
Dudek is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by applicable law.