Job Description SummaryGE Onshore Wind is helping change the world and has a focused portfolio of products and services to meet the need for cleaner power—today and tomorrow.
We are fully committed to full gender equality and diversity inclusion, aiming for the best professionals in an equal employment opportunity environment.
In this role you will be part of the team that handles the full lifecycle of wind turbine controls engineering – development of new technologies, design and implementation on the actual product, prototype and field testing, and field issue resolution.
GE’s Onshore Wind business has a total installed base of more than 50,000 wind turbines in more than 35 counties, with 100+ GW of global installed capacity. We harness increased onshore wind energy potential through a broad family of turbines that are uniquely suited for a variety of wind environments, including Cypress, GE’s most powerful onshore wind turbine, and GE’s 2MW platform, which has more than 20GW installed and in operation today. We are committed to our customers’ success in wind, offering a broad portfolio of products and services that make renewables the energy of choice for a cleaner future.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Execute wind turbine controls system and software development
- Perform Failure Mode and Effects Analysis and develop comprehensive requirements for wind turbine software features and components
- Develop test cases and perform controls software validation
- Be responsible for technical design of wind turbine controls hardware, including sensors (temperature, proximity, vibration, etc.), I/O, and communication equipment
- Create engineering documentation, including bills of material, drawings, specifications, and manufacturing & field instructions
- Occasionally travel to site to support product testing and/or customer issues
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Mechanical, or Computer Engineering from an accredited University.
- Highly motivated, self-starter, energetic, positive, flexible in changing environments.
- Ability to demonstrate a structured approach to problem solving, learning agility.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to articulate technical problems in clear and simple terms.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work in project teams in an international environment.
- Solid understanding of programming basics
- Experience in one of more of the following areas demonstrated through course work, internships, or other experiences: control systems and algorithm design, software development for embedded systems, PLC platforms and communication protocols, sensors, signal processing
- Experience in any of the following adjacent fields: Power Systems, Multi-Body Dynamics, Data Science, Systems Engineering, SW Development Methods such as Verification & Validation, version control, DevOps
- Experience with Model-Based Design techniques using Mathworks Simulink or comparable tool
- Passionate about renewable energy and/or sustainability
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes