Envision Energy is a Shanghai based manufacturer of wind turbines and associated renewable energy systems. Envision leverages a diverse and distributed engineering/R&D team of top talent with offices in China, US, Denmark and Germany to create class leading turbine products with state-of-the-art technology, design and manufacturing.
Envisions Global Blade Innovation Center in Boulder, Colorado is seeking interns to join our Aero performance team. Projects as part of this position may include:
- Fine-tune power curves to address effects of site-specific conditions on the turbine performance using low or medium fidelity tools.
- Conduct inflow/control parameter sensitivity studies to improve understanding and maximize energy output of a turbine.
- Analyze SCADA data to support power curve validation of new products.
- Contribute to creating tool chain/processes that will enable/automate tasks above.
MSc/PhD students are preferred, but exceptional BSc students in their third year or higher are encouraged to apply. Relevant majors include engineering, physics, applied mathematics, computer science or similar.
Key traits of the successful candidate may include:
- Interest in renewable energy, data analytics, machine learning, optimization, computer programming.
- Some experience with blade design tools like FAST, Bladed, etc. during studies is desired but not required.
- Strong programming skills in a high-level interpreted language such as Matlab and/or Python.
- Enjoys applying creativity in solving challenging technical problems.
- Ability to learn quickly and accept coaching/feedback
- Self-motivated and comfortable in completing open-ended / non-structured tasks with minimal supervision
- Strong verbal and written communication skills or highly motivated to improve in this area.
Applicants are not expected to possess all knowledge and skills required to be successful in this position on day one. The only compulsory requirement is a strong desire to learn and grow under the mentorship of the larger design team and eventually make meaningful contributions to state of the art blade designs.
Competitively paid and flexible part-time and full-time work arrangements are possible. The ideal situation would be a period of full-time work to quickly come up to speed followed by a part-time period while the student returns to their studies. This may be ideal for those working on graduate degrees who also want a stable source of income to supplement their stipend. The flexibility to increase working hours during high demand periods at Envision is also desirable. While not guaranteed, a successful internship placement is a natural gateway to full time engineering position.
Envision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Internship
Salary: $35.00 - $40.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location